Former President Trump Thread

It shows how carefully the DOJ has been handling this. They've given Trump months of opportunity (of course) to set everything straight but he's so fucking vain and stupid that he couldn't give up HIS top secret documents. He's honestly fucked(ASTERISK CAVEAT ETC). He kept lying and lying saying there were no more documents. The FBI kept tabs for months on his shithole in Florida and watched him incriminate himself.

In a nutshell, they tried their damnedest to let him off the hook, Trump is just the literal world's biggest moron.

Reactions: Cat

figmentPez

Staff member

Link

Trump is one of the cruelest assholes on the face of the planet. He gets in front of crowds of people and mocks his opponents, calling for violence against them. It is patently offensive for him to complain about how mean people are.

It's likely going to be after. Doing it before will just energize a lot of the people that support Trump. Right now it's best to just collect all the evidence as much as possible, then like a week or two after the elections are done send out the indictments.

That would be the smartest play. If they wait too long though and get closer to the 2024 election then things could get bad. They need to hit that spot just after the midterms so that things can hopefully simmer down before the next election cycle.

The implications of this photo the DOJ released is crazy.

wow.jpg

At first you may think this was some sort of inventory shot, but notice the instruments on the floor? This is a crime scene. This is how the documents were found on the floor by the FBI. Not only were they not secured at all, not even in a box, but this is what it would look like if someone found a treasure trove of important documents and just started shuffling through them.

It's likely going to be after. Doing it before will just energize a lot of the people that support Trump. Right now it's best to just collect all the evidence as much as possible, then like a week or two after the elections are done send out the indictments.

That would be the smartest play. If they wait too long though and get closer to the 2024 election then things could get bad. They need to hit that spot just after the midterms so that things can hopefully simmer down before the next election cycle.
American Thanksgiving during the football game?

The implications of this photo the DOJ released is crazy.

View attachment 42407

At first you may think this was some sort of inventory shot, but notice the instruments on the floor? This is a crime scene. This is how the documents were found on the floor by the FBI. Not only were they not secured at all, not even in a box, but this is what it would look like if someone found a treasure trove of important documents and just started shuffling through them.
No man, you can clearly see all these files were blanked and censored so there's no risk at all, can't read anything, see? It's proof that the Lying Dems and the Lying Media are making it all up!

(I'm obviously sarcastic but I'm guessing this will seriously be said by some on the right within 10 minutes.)

But he declassified all the documents!
While I'm well aware that you're joking, I see this so often all over....And....even if he COULD (which he can't) and even if he DID (which he didn't), it STILL wouldn't mater because nowhere in the Espionage laws does it state it only applies to classified material. If Trump wrote the nuclear codes on a napkin and tossed them to Kim across the table, that'd be espionage (and treason, probably, but anyway) even though that napkin was never classified in any way or form.

It's like saying "he raped ten girls below the age of twelve!" "yes, but they all signed a contract that they wanted it". It doesn't matter for a bunch of reasons, and even if in some weird mirror universe it made any difference at all, it still wouldn't chance the base fact.

I think there is an official process for declassification that would mean he could show anything to anyone, but then it also has to be available to the public.

Declassification has a paper trail. We all agree on that.

The humour is that cheeto and his lawyers are arguing that all the documents are classified and declassified at the same time.

It's a Schrodinger's classification!

I am keen on learning where else these were stored and who is the mole.

It's also fun to see people like Legal Eagle explain the legal side and just laugh.

While I'm well aware that you're joking, I see this so often all over....And....even if he COULD (which he can't) and even if he DID (which he didn't), it STILL wouldn't mater because nowhere in the Espionage laws does it state it only applies to classified material. If Trump wrote the nuclear codes on a napkin and tossed them to Kim across the table, that'd be espionage (and treason, probably, but anyway) even though that napkin was never classified in any way or form.

It's like saying "he raped ten girls below the age of twelve!" "yes, but they all signed a contract that they wanted it". It doesn't matter for a bunch of reasons, and even if in some weird mirror universe it made any difference at all, it still wouldn't chance the base fact.
I meant it more in relation to needing a special master with security clearance. But yes, I wasn’t serious.

I think there is an official process for declassification that would mean he could show anything to anyone, but then it also has to be available to the public.
Technically POTUS has the option to declassify, and while there is an official process, it's not technically required by law and him saying "this one's now declassified, guys" might be perceived as legal, IF it is properly noted down and the proper authorities are informed, AND if it's the type of information he can declassify (Even POTUS can't just declassify anything, the limits are quite strict). There's zero proof of any of that. if there was clear, written or video proof that Trump had done some weird mass-declassification on Jan 5th, then it might've worked, but he did no such thing.

Also, again, declassification DOES NOT mean it's free for public viewing. plenty of compartmentalized or secure information that isn't technically classified.

So it turns out a few of the classified and top secret folders were empty. That is a pretty big red flag.

Hey remember that photo with all the stuff on the ground? Did anyone notice that to the side was a box with what seemed to be a bunch of framed Time magazine pictures? You know the fake ones he had made?

What if to get the information out without leaving any type of trail, he removed the documents and hid them behind a gift?

Yes that's getting a bit conspiratorial but I think at this point it's obvious he gave some of those secrets away. If he doesn't get indicted after the midterms then I will believe there's no justice in this country. Reality Winner went to jail for 5 years for leaking a single document, we can't have this tiered justice system where the rich and / or powerful face no consequence.

Reactions: Cat
He had ~2000 newpaper and magazine clippings, 11,000 government documents, and 200 classified documents.

But, yeah he gave all the stuff he had back months ago...

Hey, you know his good buddy, Bill Barr?

"Former Attorney General Bill Barr, once one of Donald Trump's most valued defenders, continued to distance himself from the former president Friday, saying that his former boss had "no justification" to retain the trove of classified documents seized from his Florida beach club."

figmentPez

Staff member

Link

"for no reasonable or legal purpose"
Documenting evidence is not a legal purpose?

I'm so sick of this willful stupidity. "They know they're being stupid." Maybe, but their base aren't calling them on it! That's the problem. They're able to be "trying to eat soup with the wrong end of the spoon" stupid, and their base still applauds them, and calls them brilliant. That's a dangerous situation.

"Protect but not bind"
"For me but not for thee"
Yeah, doesn't matter how you want to say it, it's an attempt to pull a kind of social anaphase and split the population into two groups: The Rulers and The Servants. H. G. Wells would be so proudly disappointed.

--Patrick