Former President Trump Thread

Perjury is a real crime. If there’s one thing the Musk-Twitter saga has taught us, even rich people aren’t exempt from the law when they’re going up against an opponent that also has a ton of money.

It is a strategy that legal teams use. They will sometimes try to overwhelm the other side with reams of paper or files to throw a sabot in their windmills

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump is clearly hoping that this will drag on long enough for him to claim that he's immune from prosecution because he's "the incumbent president" up for reelection.

Most annoying takes on this I've seen are "Don't arrest him, then he'll be the nominee for sure!"

Well, guess what, he'll be the nominee regardless, and someone needs to show him he's not immune to the law.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's "brilliant." He makes a claim out of the blue that he will be indicted/arrested on a certain day, and when it doesn't happen, he can say it's because he stopped them from doing it.

It's the old "my job is to eliminate pink elephants. 'But I've never seen any pink elephants.' YOU'RE WELCOME" BS.

I don't think there will be a single happy person at Cracker Barrel tonight.

I wonder if there has been a pair of extra-small handcuffs sitting a desk drawer since 2016.

" The weaponization of the legal system to advance a political agenda turns the rule of law on its head "

Yes, let's add 4 moderate and progressive Supreme Court justices to restore some semblance of balance.
Oh, that's not what you mean? Shocking.

Florida might not extradite him, but it would mean he can’t go to any other states without fears of the same. Not to mention airports are federally controlled so even flying could mean he could land to some federal agents ready to arrest him.

Aren't former presidents under 24/7 Secret Service protection? Wouldn't those be federal agetns literally accompanying him? I don't know how this works, but...

Can it be that the SS SS detail assigned to Trump has, through diffusion, schism'd from the main body to become one composed mainly of Trump loyalists?

--Patrick

Can it be that the SS SS detail assigned to Trump has, through diffusion, schism'd from the main body to become one composed mainly of Trump loyalists?

--Patrick
No. I actually believe the Secret Service may be having concerns about this. Having Trump do a perp walk would represent a massive security risk. It just takes one unhinged person to try to shoot or stab him. Plus, they have to plan for the (unlikely) scenario where he is detained without bail as a flight risk. How do they protect him in a prison setting? It sounds like a giant headache, and I could believe them wanting more time to prepare.

No. I actually believe the Secret Service may be having concerns about this. Having Trump do a perp walk would represent a massive security risk. It just takes one unhinged person to try to shoot or stab him. Plus, they have to plan for the (unlikely) scenario where he is detained without bail as a flight risk. How do they protect him in a prison setting? It sounds like a giant headache, and I could believe them wanting more time to prepare.
This is why I don’t think he’ll ever see a day of prison. They can’t keep him safe in a prison setting. Worst case is he’s put under house arrest in trump tower, or somewhere in NY.