Former President Trump Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
Top Republicans in Congress break with Trump over Putin comments

House Speaker Paul Ryan continued, "The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."

Russia is a hostile nation. Thus any collaboration between Trump and the Russian hackers was treason.

BananaHands

Staff member
Another episode of Trump does something absolutely baffling, everyone goes on social media to complain about it and nothing changes.

figmentPez

Staff member
At this point, just how gullible or willfully ignorant does someone have to be to not realize that Trump colluded with Russia to spy on Americans and disrupt the election?

B

BErt

At this point, just how gullible or willfully ignorant does someone have to be to not realize that Trump colluded with Russia to spy on Americans and disrupt the election?
In some cases it’s neither. It’s gleeful acceptance.

Is anybody here actually surprised that a party that supports self-proclaimed Nazis, pedophiles, rapists, and people who brag about all of the above would also willingly support ANYONE to prevent a woman from becoming president? Especially if that woman was Hillary Clinton? Really?

figmentPez

Staff member
Is anybody here actually surprised that a party that supports self-proclaimed Nazis, pedophiles, rapists, and people who brag about all of the above would also willingly support ANYONE to prevent a woman from becoming president? Especially if that woman was Hillary Clinton? Really?
Honestly, I kinda hoped that there would be enough anti-Russian sentiment left over from the Cold War that at least some Republicans would be outraged enough to actually do something. I guess we still hate women and other minorities more than we hate the Russians.

figmentPez

Staff member
Hah! Women aren’t a minority, at least not in the USA. A minority in positions of power, maybe...it’s a mystery as to why, of course.
No "maybe", the historic and contiued oppression of women is the reason why they're counted as a minority. More-so in other countries, but still to far too great a degree in the US.

figmentPez

Staff member
Putin was directly asked if he has compromising information on Dolt45.

Part of his answer was:
"There were over 500 American businessmen, high-ranking, high-level ones. I don't even remember the last names of each and every one of them. Well, do you remember -- do you think that we try to collect compromising material on each and every single one of them?"

Yes, that's exactly what I think. Russian intelligence knows the names of every businessman that was there, I'm sure, and they tried to get compromising intelligence on as many of them as they possibly could. What reason do I have to believe otherwise?

"There were over 500 American businessmen, high-ranking, high-level ones. I don't even remember the last names of each and every one of them. Well, do you remember -- do you think that we try to collect compromising material on each and every single one of them?"
Reminds me of this old joke about the commies:

"Our great communist scientists has invented a new building material: micro-concrete. Formula = 40% microphones-60% concrete!"

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump backtracks, only to head back in the original direction again:

"I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place," Trump said Tuesday. But he added, as he usually does, "It could be other people also. A lot of people out there. There was no collusion at all."

A reminder that what he said previously was:

"I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”

CONTEXT MATTERS. Trump's denial and attempt at a retcon makes absolutely no sense in the context of what else he said.

BananaHands

Staff member
Trump’s next target is apparently Montenegro which is great because my girlfriend is a dual citizen there and she’s leaving to visit her family there next week.

Wanna see something fucked up, look at the 2nd response to this:

But liberals are driving ppl away by not being nice...

If there has ever, EVER been a reason to find a cure for cancer NOW, it is this man.

EDIT: And yes, I just got to this state, but I nearly voted for him 10 years ago.

If there has ever, EVER been a reason to find a cure for cancer NOW, it is this man.

EDIT: And yes, I just got to this state, but I nearly voted for him 10 years ago.
What @Frank said. It's nothing but talk. When the time comes to act, he's proven himself to be as much of a political coward as the rest of his party.

The active duty Navy McCain would be ashamed of the man he became.

Whatcha wanna bet "Chris" is tweeting from a Moscow suburb?
I wonder if this is going to be a thing now: when someone on one side of the debate says something "incorrect" or "too much", just say they aren't real but just a Russian. Like there's already the "they're just a troll" defense.

I wonder if this is going to be a thing now: when someone on one side of the debate says something "incorrect" or "too much", just say they aren't real but just a Russian. Like there's already the "they're just a troll" defense.
That's been a thing for a couple months now, from both sides. "Go away, bot." or "How's the weather in Russia?" being responses if a statement is too extreme. Though sometimes it's true.

So I'm getting the feeling that cheeto promised Putin that he would allow the extradition of US politicians, so Putin could question them.