Former President Trump Thread

There seems to be a disagreement over whether Pence or Grassley will preside over the Senate tomorrow. :facepalm:
They are clarifying that Grassley will be there as a stand-in for Pence, should he need to take a break or decide not to show up in protest.

Today, we just got to cross our fingers for Georgia. I am fully into the expect the worst but hope for the best period.

They are clarifying that Grassley will be there as a stand-in for Pence, should he need to take a break or decide not to show up in protest.

Today, we just got to cross our fingers for Georgia. I am fully into the expect the worst but hope for the best period.
Expect the worst and be surprised at how much worse than expected it gets, you mean?

People are all up in arms about the leader of the Proud Boys being arrested for ripping down and burning a BLM flag that was at a church in DC.

"Oh so we get arrested for burning a BLM flag but they can burn American flags all they want with no repercussions?"

Sigh....

No dipshits. He was arrested because he went onto someone elses property, ripped down something that didn't belong to them, and burned it. You know, like all those rioters you scream need to go to jail for lighting a business on fire. He didn't get arrested because it was a BLM flag.

If you want to burn a BLM flag, just like protestors burn an American flag, go buy one yourself. No one will stop you.

Edited more for clarity.

Last edited:
Pence isn't going to contest the electoral college results. He didn't really have the authority to do so, and this is the right thing to do, but it's always a surprise.

GasBandit

Staff member
Pence isn't going to contest the electoral college results. He didn't really have the authority to do so, and this is the right thing to do, but it's always a surprise.
Unlike certain other republicans, Mike Pence might still arguably have a future career to worry about.

You know, these same people were calling the democrats sore losers and snowflakes 4 years ago, saying "not my president" was un-American.
Ah, how the turntables...

I have no idea why you'd want me to shut up. I don't mean "I'm happy you guys are suffering". Heck, I'm not even especially happy Republicans are suffering - I'm sure there are still decent people out there who simply can't distance themselves from the rebels anymore. I'm slightly happy some specific Republicans are facing tough decisions - far too many of the powerful Reps have protected Trump and fanned the flames.
I'm genuinely saddened that it has come to this, as this (all of the Trump regime, but today specifically as well) will have consequences in other, weaker democracies for decades to come. If the losing pay can just take to the streets with violence and burn down the parliament building even in the USA, what the F do you think is the message sent to... Turkey, Congo, Zimbabwe, whatever?
It's a terrible loss for democracy, humanity, and the western-lead modern liberal democratic state.

I'm just pointing to hypocrisy and deliberate blindness on the parts of those participating in these "peaceful" protests.

And, errr, you realize the burning of the Reichstag was done by the commies, against the (supposedly) properly elected nazis, right?

(and yes, I'm also aware many people think the nazi's burned the Reichstag down themselves to have an excuse to take out the communists. The death penalty was reversed for the main culprit a few years ago... But even so, he wasn't cleared because there is no proof he wasn't involved. The punishment was reversed because the trial was deemed more political than fair, not because the supposed arsonist was cleared)

Someone got to the Senate floor.

EDIT: The Senate has been cleared. Thank God they listened to Ted Cruz, hey? :pud:

ASIDE: Bubble, I'm just feeling hurt and frustrated right now in watching the video on TV. I know what it means. I know how it looks. (And no, I don't believe for a second that the Communists really burned the Reichstag.)

Last edited:
I just realized it was likely Pence that got this going. He wanted to post that letter about not overturning the electors right before the session in hopes it would make things a little less uncertain and volatile, but once the news got around the protest they went out for blood.