Former President Trump Thread

Now matter how bad it is today, tomorrow will be worse.

Can you remember the phone call where cheeto threatened the Georgia SEC to overturn the election without cause.

That was Sunday.

So I'm in twitter jail for the next 12 hours for calling Toni Lahren a fucking traitorous cunt in reply to her Election Day tweet accusing Democrats of doing everything the Republicans did yesterday if they lost the election.

So I'm in twitter jail for the next 12 hours for calling Toni Lahren a fucking traitorous cunt in reply to her Election Day tweet accusing Democrats of doing everything the Republicans did yesterday if they lost the election.
I mean that does seem equally as bad as using the platform to incite an armed insurrection against the US government.

You sure it just wasn’t the “cunt” part they had the most issue with?

It won’t happen.
Of course not! But it's what we're supposed to feel is enough security in case it might become necessary to remove the President from office. I mean, I can't imagine what could prompt that, given that "calling for an armed assault on Congress" apparently isn't, but you never know. Maybe it'll turn out he's once smoked a cigar in the Oval Office, or one of his people miss-configured a mail server. You know, something important.

Dave

Staff member
I wonder at this point what people think it would take to invoke the 25th Amendment? I mean, why have the fucking thing if they refuse to ever use it?

Chekov's Gun, people!

I wonder at this point what people think it would take to invoke the 25th Amendment? I mean, why have the fucking thing if they refuse to ever use it?

Chekov's Gun, people!
Well, section 3 has been used a few times.

And....If I read the text right, and I'm sure 25 far more knowledgeable armchair lawyers will contradict me, they might be able to use it in a completely different way.

Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.[3]
I know we currently always have VPs of the same party as the president, but technically, they don't have to be. A VP and congress in hands of party A could push out a president of party B just for kicks.

I wonder at this point what people think it would take to invoke the 25th Amendment?
The president's sanity has come into question. It was reported he was having conversations with members of government saying that it might be a good idea to raise taxes on the top income bracket. We have no choice but to invoke the 25th.

Honestly guys, I wouldn't worry as much. Of course, I can't say this for certain, but I am pretty darn sure that the only reason Trump did his "soft concede" early this morning was because Pence and the senior staff threatened him with invoking the 25th. He never would concede otherwise, no matter what happened on the floor of Congress, he would still have been screaming and yelling about how he won and he shouldn't have to give up power.

If there is one thing we all know, Trumps ego is paramount to everything, and he wouldn't want to become the only President ever to be single term, impeached, lose the popular vote, AND be removed before his term was up by the 25th Amendment, by his own staff no less. If enough people came up to him and said "You are going to do this and then play golf for the next two weeks and get to remain President, or we can remove you now." he isn't likely to fight them on it.

He does not have the power anymore in that dynamic. When Trump loses the power dynamic he crumbles like paper every time.

Last edited:
I would say that message has reached him already. Yesterday the VPs staff were barred from the White House.

Can't tell him bad news if you can't get in the door.

Oh and Facebook just suspended his accounts.

The senate adjourning is a way to prevent Articles of Impeachment from being applied before the 20th.

McConnell is essentially changing the locks as he walks out the door.

More people leaving the White House right now, including Mick Mulvaney. I won't go into Mick lamenting that Trump "changed" because that is fucking hilarious. No, I instead want to focus on the part where Mick said the people he spoke with that are remaining have said they are doing so only because they are fearful of who Trump will put in their place over the next two weeks, and what he might be able to pull off in that time. This is the country we live in I guess.

No, I instead want to focus on the part where Mick said the people he spoke with that are remaining have said they are doing so only because they are fearful of who Trump will put in their place over the next two weeks, and what he might be able to pull off in that time. This is the country we live in I guess.
If only there was some amendment that would strip trump of his authority to do so.

Colbert's (unexpectedly live) opening from last night:

"There are some dark subjects that we talk about on the show occasionally, but I've rarely been as upset as I am tonight. And I'm sure you are, too."

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Is it possible to both impeach and use the 25th? Because I'd really like to see Dolt45 go down in history as the only double-impeached President to also be removed by the 25th Amendment, just to make it abundantly clear that his stupidity is a high water line for the ages.

Most likely scenario is either a quiet 25th, where cheeto signs over power to Pence for the next two weeks, but it is not announced and he remains president in name only or he resigns when faced with the 25th.

I don’t disagree, but I’ve spent four years waiting for anyone to hold him accountable for anything. Not going to let myself get excited now. Just going to wait for him to suddenly accidentally fall down the stairs the first time he’s alone with Melanie and the secret service aren’t looking.

Well, a rather poignant remark was made that once the Democrats took over all three houses the social media giants suddenly stopped catering to the GOP.