Former President Trump Thread

According to Biden, Trump left him a "very generous letter". But won't say anything more about it unless he gets permission from Trump.
Is that code for "It was pretty awful. But I'm an adult and I don't need to keep beating a dead horse with Trump jabs"?

According to Biden, Trump left him a "very generous letter". But won't say anything more about it unless he gets permission from Trump.
Is that code for "It was pretty awful. But I'm an adult and I don't need to keep beating a dead horse with Trump jabs"?
Precisely. It's Biden acting like an adult. Something I've sorely missed in the White House for 4 fucking years.

I’m guessing it’s just the ravings of an eternal 3 year old, and Biden knows it doesn’t help anyone to release it. I say let’s do our best to ignore the little bitch and not give him the spotlight any more.

With that wording, I'm envisioning a giant T on a sheet of paper. It was a perfect letter, though. Huge.

cheeto extended USSS details for all his kids and grandkids forever and 3 sycophantic cabinet members. Pence loses USSS detail after 6 months.

The MAGA crowd blames Pence for not rejecting what they feel were "fraudulent" electors, it's one of the big reason the Insurrection happened. Some of the people storming the Capitol were yelling "HANG PENCE!".

While a lot of MAGAts are realizing they have been conned as Trump flew away into the Florida sunset, there are going to be extremists who believe the only reason Trump lost was because Pence was too weak to do the "right thing". Will they do it? That is the question I guess, but it's not hard to see that his life is going to be in way more danger without USSS detail.

What is it they say about the face-eating leopard party?

While I don't generally condone anyone living in fear, I find myself unable to really feel sorry for the people who weaponized, sometimes literally, this group of crazy, telling them they could ignore facts, and then suddenly find themselves unable to control it. They didn't care when it was hurting and killing other people. Welcome to the rest of us.

Lots of people get death threats without the federal government paying for their security.
I agree, but I didn't expect thousands of people to get the willpower to storm the Capitol either, so if any of those bozos escape justice (and they likely will, due to there being thousands of them), I wouldn't feel that great not having some security. Of course, Pence could just always pay for his own.

I am more upset that we will be paying for protection for Trump and his entire family AND some of his cabinet for the rest of their lives.

Bottom line, the US government will never allow a past President/VP to come to harm.

But then again you fuckers beat up Rick Moranis for shits snd giggles so wtf do I know.

Bottom line, the US government will never allow a past President/VP to come to harm.
That isn't actually true. A president can opt out of USSS detail, it's just no one has agreed to opt out yet. If they do it, they basically sign a waiver that anything that happens to them isn't the problem of the US Government anymore, and they take on all liability for injury or death.

Of course, when you have a lot of people that hate you for various reasons and the security is free, no real reason to opt out unless you really like driving a car or making a solo run to Starbucks.

Agreed, that was such a horrible and unnecessary change to the character.
Well, the 1st film only worked with the twist.

Though i must admit, 1st time i saw it i didn't realise Voight was supposed to be the guy from the original TV series (i was too young when i saw it to actually remember their names).

Though starting from the second movie onwards they're basically Mission Impossible in name only. Instead of a team coming together with their own individual talents to complete a mission, it becomes Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise while his team members provide occasional support.
Yup, that's pretty much it.

Voight was the one to play him because when the producers talked to Peter Graves for the role, and got him to read the script, he was extremely insulted that they turned his character into a villain willing to betray his team. He turned down playing the role again if that was the direction they were taking him, so they got Voight to fill in instead.