Former President Trump Thread

The only thing I want major news organizations covering in regards to Trump is news of charges being filed. They need to STOP giving legitimacy to him. The last 4 years was a nightmare of incompetence and hate.

[Major news organizations] need to STOP giving legitimacy to him.
You have to remember that some of those news organizations (or members of their staff) are deliberately and actively attempting to downplay/excuse his actions/behavior, misrepresenting and gaslighting the populace, in order to continue to be able to use him (or more accurately to use his brand) as leverage to institute their own oligarchical regime.

--Patrick

I've said it from the beginning - he is a grenade they wanted to throw at washington. And boy oh boy did it blow up.
That was my father in-laws justification for voting for him the first time. He didn’t really expect him to win, and at least he came to regret it.

So how long before a dead Trump being puppeted weekend at Bernie's style ends up running for president?

Or did that already happen?

What I don't get is how the reaction to this stuff when they admit/come out about it always seems to be, "Oh well, guess it's too late to do anything about it now also no reason why anyone should put any measures in place to prevent it from ever happening again shuckydarns..."

--Patrick

What I don't get is how the reaction to this stuff when they admit/come out about it always seems to be, "Oh well, guess it's too late to do anything about it now also no reason why anyone should put any measures in place to prevent it from ever happening again shuckydarns..."
Who is going to put in preventive measures when the people in power are the ones doing it? Not like the federal government can do anything, they can't even get a voting right bill to pass because of the filibuster. Our only option is to vote them out, and as we just saw, even doing that won't work when the assholes just throw out votes they don't like.

It does make me wonder if he can be sued for it though. His admitting it gives a lot of people/groups standing.
He will just keep up the claim that they were "illegal" votes. You know, didn't dot the right letter, didn't sign the right box, didn't follow the "proper methods". When you make the rules on voting you can disqualify any number of votes based on trivial shit, while all those people you want to vote? Well we can just give them a pass, just this once. I mean, Ken Paxton is literally under investigation for corruption, and has been for over a year now, and nothing happens, because why would it when the people in power and all the judges are part of the same team?

figmentPez

Staff member

"Yavapai County Recorder Leslie Hoffman said she did not know if the people knocking on doors around Prescott are working on behalf of a political organization, but raised concerns that information residents provide could result in identity theft. "

Identity theft? I'd consider that a secondary concern compared to bricks through windows, burning crosses, and other threats, if not outright murderous violence.

"asking how you voted" sounds suspiciously like "trying to assault my Constitutional rights" to me, so since you're on my porch, I'm going to shoot in 5 seconds to defend myself. Good for you? no? Well, better run. Good luck!