Former President Trump Thread

Thing about Milwaukee is... it's bigger and smaller than it seems. It's a weird city. The parts outside of Milwaukee bleed into Milwaukee and vice-versa, and it can be hard to tell what counts as Milwaukee. the Milwaukee County Zoo is in... West Allis, not part of Milwaukee proper.

Then there’s the whole thing about Milwaukee County and the city of Milwaukee not being the same thing. It makes sense only when you realize Milwaukee used to be two cities and the County used to be three times larger.

Just read a fun article about now that cheeto org books have been called into question by a prosecutor, every bank who holds a cheeto org loan can demand the books or pull the loans or both. cheeto org doesn't have the ability to cover the loans.

To me, at least, this method may be better than immediately sending him to jail. And frankly, he should have been jailed decades before he was allowed to run for president, but now it would have made him a martyr. We're at a point where there's a cult of personality built up behind his "brand" and they need to have the gilding stripped away to see there was always just a turd underneath. It'll serve two important purposes: 1) it will punish him with something worse than jail- public humiliation and weakness. It will continue to destroy "the brand" in ways it can't come back from. 2)While some will jump through hoops to continue to deny any kind of responsibility or facts, it will definitely bring a dose of shame to some of the cult members. Maybe not enough, but it continues to chip away at him and honestly, the rest of the GOP.

I literally can not imagine somebody who has stuck with trump through everything where this is the breaking point.
Just one lawsuit? No. But as banks call for repayment, and court cases strip away his assets, possibly. Remember, there were voters (not enough, sadly) that voted for his rhetoric in 2016, and then regretted it. Even at the recent Ohio rally, people showed up, but people started to leave in mid-speech. You'll never get a lot to them to ever see their mistakes: they will take their beliefs to the grave in the face of all evidence to the contrary. But getting evidence out there makes is harder to deny it, and like it has in the past, it will chip away at their power for some people.

Even at the recent Ohio rally, people showed up, but people started to leave in mid-speech.
My worry is that these people are not leaving because of him being publicly disgraced, they are leaving because they are losing faith in him. These people were voting for him solely because they saw in him the possibility of the future they wanted, one where Trump would put on a star-spangled helmet and drive the US Government like a tank to crush all the foreigners and other undesirables beneath its treads, where they could sic him on the Middle East or Mexico and so on in order to conquer them and take all their gold and tobacco or whatever. And the reason they are deserting him is because they are realizing is just an impotent, angry old man instead of the literal Antichrist they were hoping for.

These people fleeing Trump are not giving up, they are merely leaving him to find someone new, someone more likely to bring about their desired Apocalypse.

--Patrick

Right, but that's my point, and that's why I included the GOP being also chipped away at from this.These people will always look for the next bully to promise to remove any self-responsibility from their lives, and those bullies need not to be martyred, but to be laid bare so the zealots can see the scam. It will never eliminate those who seek out a fantasy more than the reality, but when credibility gets stripped away from the hate machines, they fracture and lose some of their power.

You can't eliminate fear and hate, but you CAN fight ignorance. It's just a lot of uphill work.

These people will always look for the next bully to promise to remove any self-responsibility from their lives, and those bullies need not to be martyred, but to be laid bare so the zealots can see the scam.
[...]
You can't eliminate fear and hate, but you CAN fight ignorance. It's just a lot of uphill work.
I'm of the opinion that discrediting their currently chosen bully as a figurehead only causes them to choose another figurehead, and yet another, and so on, ad nauseam, because since they literally believe they are on a holy crusade to find their One True Chosen One, all that discrediting their current choice does is show them that they must've had the wrong guy.
No, I believe we're not going to see an end to this until and unless the ideals themselves can be discredited, and anyone who goes around proselytizing that kind of rhetoric gets immediately ridiculed for doing so.

--Patrick

A lot of it these days is rooted in fear. On both sides, mind you, but epsecially on the far right. Afraid of loss of identity, the world changing too fast. And you can't make the world move or change slower just to suit people who think 1955 was the Very Best Time for America(n WASPs).
The World As We Know It is gone, and instead you get a strange new world where men aren't men, women aren't women, black people don't know their place, boys just being boys isn't accepted anymore, and everything seems out of your control. The world is going to Hell (this, at least, pretty much everyone can agree on) and it seems you have no personal control over it. Some might find that they need to stop eating meat and go on a holy Crusade to stop everyone eating meat because that's terrible for nature. Others might need to believe there's a great big conspiracy of child eating pizza molesting rich Jewish democrats. And having a Great Leader to Solve Everything - a Guide to bring the people back to the right path - is...a solution. Whether it's Erdogan or Putin or Orban or Trump, they promise a solution. "Let me handle things, you won't need to worry, I'll stop all those bad things from affecting you. If everyone just agrees to stay in 1960 and keep their head down, we'd all be so much better off".

There's really no solution. People WILL get scared of things out of their control. People WILL look for easy answers. People WILL fall for propaganda. Teaching everyone rhethoric and philosophy and history and media savvy etc might help, but even so. I still see really smart people who KNOW all this still fall into the same pitfalls.

Step 8: You wake up and swear never to eat that much pasta again right before bedtime. Cause your dreams are fucking crazy, man.

What i want to know is why did they feel the need to make Trump Speaker to be in the succession line if he also gets proven to have won 2020 ?
The election was certified. If they came out with 100% conclusive evidence that Biden rigged the election and Trump actually won, it still wouldn't make Trump president. It would have to go through the means outlined in their plan.

I figured that's what the impeachment was for.

But considering your info, would that also mean that there wouldn't be any special election called either, and the person who became president after Biden and Harris got ousted would also stay for the remainder of the term?

Oh hey, more damning evidence of past corruption that will lead to absolutely nothing.

Trump called his acting AG back in December of last year telling them to call the election corrupt, so that he and some congressmen could attempt to pressure Pence to nullify the election.