Forum Cosplay

Family and I did a group Steven Universe cosplay at Otakon this year, at which I managed to barely get a decent photo of our entire group together. I know some other people got us all, because they'd stop our group to take photos of us, but I haven't found any of theirs yet. But I do have divided photos!

We probably aren't doing another family cosplay until 2018 unless someone wins the lottery. They're all brainstorming ideas, but I think everyone should hold off until we get at least into 2017. Like, right now I want to try finding a way to cosplay as the Incredible Hulk, but by 2018 I might not want to do that anymore.

Been researching what it would take to get the right clothing to do a Doctor Thomas Light costume. Who knew how hard it would be to find maroon-colored pants for a fat guy? :p

Been researching what it would take to get the right clothing to do a Doctor Thomas Light costume. Who knew how hard it would be to find maroon-colored pants for a fat guy? :p
It's hard to find the right color for things off the rack in general.

I'm thinking for my next Mario variant of making Cappy from Mario Odyssey. And maybe I'm thinking too ambitiously, but I would like to be able to make the eyes movable. I've been looking up cable-controlled puppetry and whatnot to get some ideas.

I'm thinking for my next Mario variant of making Cappy from Mario Odyssey. And maybe I'm thinking too ambitiously, but I would like to be able to make the eyes movable. I've been looking up cable-controlled puppetry and whatnot to get some ideas.
But are you going to be topless?!

Neat idea. If the cable control option doesn't work, I've run across a number of electronic projects that create animated eyes. And if all else fails, it looks like giant googly eyes are readily available.

Also, if you really want to challenge yourself:

You know, maybe Jan. 6th isn't the day to post this?

(I know, unfortunate coincidence. But nice job!)
I didn't even think about it. But, you know, I doubt a single one of those insurrectionist traitors are fans of the show anyway ;)
I just got excited because most of the stuff came in the mail today.

Last edited:
New jacket fits so much better. It's ostensibly for people from 160-180 lbs. I call bullshit :D It still makes me look a little pear-shaped at the hips, and I am not.
1641937072006.png