[Announcement] Frank needs our help!

Dave

Staff member
Frank has reached out and needs our help. He's retracted his request a couple of times, but that's because he knows everyone is having issues right now. But I'm putting this up here, anyway. I know the amount is a lot but if we can give what we can every little bit will help.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hmm, something's wrong with the donation system. The link goes right back to the donate menu. Happens in firefox and chrome for me, as well as on my Pixel. I'll see if I can figure it out.

OK, so, happy to help and all that, but can anyone tell me why the name on the Merchant and the name in the mail address don't match up? If it wasn't for me trusting this page and Frank, I'd have assumed it was some sort of scam.

GasBandit

Staff member
I can't figure it out. I've tried different PCs, I've tried incognito mode, I've tried my phone on cellular data,I've tried different DNS, I've even tried Edge - on all of them, when I click the link on the donate page, it just reloads the donate page. I know this has worked for me before.

Edit: Well, clearly other people are not having this problem so I just sent a donation manually via paypal..

Last edited:
I'm overwhelmed again....thank everybody. You can turn it off Dave/Gas, it's enough.

Also @Bubble181 It's because I was 21 when I signed up for gmail using the fake internet name I adopted from the villain of Fallout 2. It's tied to all my accounts and stuff like Paypal. Bassett is my surname.

I'm overwhelmed again....thank everybody. You can turn it off Dave/Gas, it's enough.

Also @Bubble181 It's because I was 21 when I signed up for gmail using the fake internet name I adopted from the villain of Fallout 2. It's tied to all my accounts and stuff like Paypal. Bassett is my surname.
Well, then you got off fairly OK. I've seen professional mails from stuff like 69deatheater420@hotmail.com and that just doesn't work :-D

Dave

Staff member
I honestly can’t turn anything off from here. Either Gas does it or everyone waits until I get home tomorrow morning.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Aw, I popped in here randomly for my quarter-annual curiosity check in and saw this literally posted and ended yesterday. Sorry I missed it but glad you got support you needed <3 <3