Fuck yeah!!! Anonymous is attacking the Spanish equivalent of the RIAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Anon is doing a DDoS on the SGAE (the Spanish equivalent of the RIAA, not really, but it's the closest I can think of) and the Spanish ministry of culture which has passed laws in favour of the SGAE in against the users. Awesome.

Short summary of the situation here:

The SGAE is the General Society of Authors in Spain, and has been able to push laws hardening punishment on piracy (allright).
Then a law by which anything that can be used to store pirated music needs to pay a special tax as a kind of compensation for the losses due to piracy, which goes directly to them (a private organization!) and they distribute it among musicians, no one knows exactly how (it's not a transparent process) but apparently largely favoring rich musicians. This tax has increased twice.

Now the ministry of culture tried to pass a law by which a 'special committee' can take down a webpage they think is illegally sharing or linking to copyrighted content, without a judge's ruling. They are bypassing due process in the name of intellectual property, due to the pressure of SGAE. If you are wondering, the committee is made up, among other people, by members of the music industry.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

PS: I wonder if a certain forumite had anything to do with this.

Augh it took me three takes to get it...

(Also, maybe he didn't, because this is only the last of a series of related attacks)

Status
Not open for further replies.