[Brazelton] Fuddruckers and Luby's

Dave

Staff member
I will always treasure the memory of playing putt putt golf with the band Cheap Trick at the Fargo Fuddruckers. When I cut my finger in half at the same place it was not as fun a memory.

Burgers were good, though.

GasBandit

Staff member
from their website:
View attachment 35741

They *just* opened up a Fuddruckers near me in Ashburn, VA...like less than a month ago.
That smells like the stuff that that other place, the video game store whose name escapes me bacuse I've been drinking tonight, kept denying they were closing right up until the last second so that they could maximize profits until the last minute and the employees could get fucked.

I remembered I used to love Fuddruckers peanutbutter cookies when I was young. It's been a while since I've eaten at one.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Luby's near me has been going downhill for a long time. The last time I was there the fried okra was so over salted it was inedible. Luby's used to be much better than Cracker Barrel, but now they're about on par, due to Luby's being very inconsistent.

Fuddruckers wasn't the best, but it had the self-serve nacho cheese dispenser, which was magical to young-blots.

My first semester of college I lived in the dorm and was on a meal plan. My parents came to visit. And the first words out of his mouth, "Let's go eat at Luby's."

Uh, Dad, I eat cafeteria food every day.

I hope he was just joking.

My first semester of college I lived in the dorm and was on a meal plan. My parents came to visit. And the first words out of his mouth, "Let's go eat at Luby's."

Uh, Dad, I eat cafeteria food every day.

I hope he was just joking.
My first day on a job as a contractor about 20 years ago, the boss asked if I wanted to go to Lubys.
"Uh, no"

He insisted. So I rolled my eyes and got in the car with him and the other guys. Turns out "lubys" was code for "boobies" and when they ate lunch "at lubys" they were actually all going to the local strip joint that had a lunch buffet.

For a closed restaurant, their burgers seem to be tasting fine. (munch much) Though I think the Red Robin burger I had last night tastes a bit better.

Not many at the Superstition Spring location, but it's just now noon. I asked the manager on duty about the news, and they looked at me like, Huh? And then he explained: they announced bankruptcy weeks ago, and have been looking for a buyer for the chain. They are in liquidation, so it might be that stores might close before being bought out, but they're still open now.

My first day on a job as a contractor about 20 years ago, the boss asked if I wanted to go to Lubys.
"Uh, no"

He insisted. So I rolled my eyes and got in the car with him and the other guys. Turns out "lubys" was code for "boobies" and when they ate lunch "at lubys" they were actually all going to the local strip joint that had a lunch buffet.
Huh... I wonder if I should start taking my underlings to strip joints.