Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Controller'd Chaos Bundle - games that supposedly play well with a controller (but, unless the remake changed things, Ghostbusters plays best with mouse & keyboard or Steam Controller)

$10 for:
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Ghostbusters the Video Game Remastered
  • Rain on Your Parade
$14 adds:
  • Maneater
  • Orcs Must Die 3 - Complete Edition
  • No More Heroes
I'm tempted by this one because I've had my eye on Sunset Overdrive for a while, and I'd kinda like to have the remastered Ghostbusters if I ever decide to play the game for a third time, but I'm not sure that's worth it.

Humble Controller'd Chaos Bundle - games that supposedly play well with a controller (but, unless the remake changed things, Ghostbusters plays best with mouse & keyboard or Steam Controller)

$10 for:
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Ghostbusters the Video Game Remastered
  • Rain on Your Parade
$14 adds:
  • Maneater
  • Orcs Must Die 3 - Complete Edition
  • No More Heroes
I'm tempted by this one because I've had my eye on Sunset Overdrive for a while, and I'd kinda like to have the remastered Ghostbusters if I ever decide to play the game for a third time, but I'm not sure that's worth it.
Sunset Overdrive is free on gamepass if you have it, but it might be worth noting that I've never successfully gotten it to run.

figmentPez

Staff member
Sunset Overdrive is free on gamepass if you have it, but it might be worth noting that I've never successfully gotten it to run.
I do not have gamepass.

It's also $5 on Steam right now. I should probably just stick to playing the huge list of games I already own, though.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fanatical has started another Bundle Fest

I can't say that any of the bundles jump out at me as amazing deals, but scattered through them are some titles I've seen positive reviews on, and there are probably more hidden gems I don't recognize.

The headline bundle seems to be the Safe in Our World Charity Bundle 2024, which has 26 games for $15+ bucks, but I'm not sure who this is for since it includes everything from Vampire Survivors to Olli Olli World (action plaforming skateboard game) to Warhammer 40k Battlesector to My Friend Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol On a Roll to several Atari Recharged games. The range of genres is whiplash inducing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Would the first be better solo then?
I couldn't speak to that, but I will say that everybody who I've heard say they were enjoying it is talking about playing multiplayer with somebody else.

My opinion on astroneer could also be colored by me just hating to play anything at all by myself.

Man, there are several games on sale on Steam right now that I really want to get. But I'm trying very hard not to buy games right now. Especially where I have a PS Plus subscription, which gives me a metric fuckton of games to choose from.

Fanatical has Rage 2 Deluxe Edition for $6 as a star deal (48 hours or until sold out). Not the pinnacle of gaming, but based on a Let's Play I watched, I'm down for a cheap way to distract myself from allergy season.
I almost went to buy this, but decided to double check my Epic Game Store library. Turns out I got it there through a giveaway at some point. I keep forgetting what games I have there, since I never use it.