Games with the best replay factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be it multiple platforms, multiple endings, secrets to unlock, or you simply lost your save files 5 minutes from the end what games have you played thought multiple times?

FFII (IV for the FF purists) for SNES (and currently replaying the DS version)
FFIII (VI for FF Purists) for SNES (looking for it for GBA).
FFVII for Playstation and PC
GTAIII
GTA VC
GTA SA
Daggerfall (multiple endings [spoiler:12nomaqt](depending on who you gave the giant stone robot remote to)[/spoiler:12nomaqt] and just a freaking cool game in gerneral IMO). Morrowind was ehhh, Oblivion was cool but didn't have the replay value IMO.
Battle of Olympus (on Nes and the game I use to test emulators on other platforms).

Starfox 64 I would play again and again all the time. Me and my brother would always try to beat the other one's score. It was the perfect length too, since you could play from the first to last mission in maybe an hour, depending on what route you took.

Chrono Trigger. A ton of different endings possible, and the new DS release even has a theater that can let you keep track of them all as you unlock them.

SimFarm. Other than The Oregon Trail, this may have been the first PC game I ever played religiously. SimCity was added to my repertoire soon after.

The World Ends With You. Another great (possibly greatest?) DS game. Beating the game not only opens a side story for you to do, but also allows you a classic new game + type of deal where you can replay the events in the game on harder difficulties while searching for new clues that reveal more of the backstory.

M

Mr_Chaz

Football Manager. No game has ever stolen so many hours of my life. And the best part? I don't even want them back.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'll only list games I've played through 3 times or more. Until recently I've replayed almost all my games at least twice.

Master of Orion 2
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy II/IV
Half-Life, Opposing Force & Blue Shift
Half-Life 2, Ep1 & Ep2 (especially replaying the episodes for commentary)
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World
Planescape: Torment
X-men Legends 1 & 2
Super Dodge Ball
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (trying to get that 000 finish!)
Lengend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Curse of Monkey Island

Grim Fandango Nothing to unlock, no alternate ending, only one platform, just the best game ever.

GasBandit

Staff member
Most good RTS games are almost infinitely replayable, especially in skirmish mode. The best of these is Supreme Commander. Even moreso with the forged alliance addon.

Totally agree on the Half-Life games, especially the commentary. I wish they'd put a new version or update of HL2 out with commentary, as well.

Pretty much any Sid Meier game.

Also ditto on the Final Fantasy games. I love playing IV the most, I think. My favourite part to redo, for some odd reason, is after doing the quest to become a Paladin. Always loved how Cecil starts back at level 1 and gets a crap load of level ups after a few fights. Damnit, this is making me feel like playing it again.

The GTA games are always great games to play over a long period of time. I remember one time I was sick at home, so I played just taxi missions half the day to get the full score for that. Also love doing/finding the jumps, though...are there any in San Andreas? Maybe they just weren't as obvious to find as the earlier games.

So, are we including sandbox games, because they inherently have infinate replay value?

Sims 1,2 and 3
Spore
Left 4 Dead, TF2, basically any multiplayer game.

escushion said:
Final Fantasy Tactics.
6923545823462395286 billion times this.

Also, FF IV, VI and X. Also also, Chrono Trigger and Mass Effect. Also also also, I like to break out the SNES, NES or Dreamcast and get all up ons the nostalgia. Mario games, Marvel/Capcom 2, Sonic Adventure, etc.

Aside from Multiplayer FPS/MMO and Fighting games:

Final Fantasy Tactics. Also my #1 favorite game overall.

I've played Fallout 3 about 3 times as well so far, I foresee many many more to come as well.

But no love for Fallouts 1 and 2? Hell, I keep an old Win 98 laptop around just to occasionally fire up my Fallout 2 install.

Fallout 3, each time with a different combination of mods. Right now I'm playing with the Fallout Overhaul Kit and the Ultimate Perk Pack. Enclave soldiers are now incredibly well armored, which means the Deathclaw Gauntlet is a godly weapon.

O

Olorin

Civilization 1. Still play it a few times every year.

Fire Emblem games. So much replay value because of the different teams you can build, support conversations to get and secret characters/endings.

Brawl obviously, but party/racing/fighting games probably don't count.

I've played through each Ratchet and Clank game at least twice, to try to get the super weapon upgrades.

It just dawned on me I've played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 4 times all the way through and I've never owned a copy.

J

JCM

Funny how these two games have more ideas, better concepts and better AI than most games published post-2000

Status
Not open for further replies.