Generative Art

Back when I had the covers for my books made, I had a hard time conveying my vision to artists of exactly the size and general look of Berry, the little forest imp. Media has really converged on what "imps" "fairies" "gnomes" and the like should look like.

In my mind was a little mouse-sized creature that was brown and looked twig-like or wood-like so it could have good camouflage in a forest. And while the artists at the time struggled to get it exactly right, AI has done a pretty good job of it.

1683758716696.png

The image I *wanted* to go with had the imp and the mushroom stalk more differentiated in color. But Midjourney took a big ol' shit yesterday and I lost half the stuff I generated that day. Even midjourney.com is missing them, and it's supposed to have a record of all of your creations. I had to fish this out of my browser cache.

forest imp small b.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
From one of my AI gen support discords -

1683989631645.png

Oh honey... that is not an early 2000s meme. That is an early 2010s meme. Early 2000s memes look like this.

1683990063475.png

I told the AI to make a crocodile. It decided all it's own to make that crocodile biting a boat in half that had an anime girl in it lol

1684712539967.png

I've been making "hand drawn style" african wild animals lately...this is what Midjourney thought a rhinoceros was...
And it wasn't even a weird prompt: " a rhinoscerous side view, dirt background --niji 5 --ar 2:3"
1684716489367.png

So, I was using a 3rd party site to make my AI art into canvases for sticking on my walls. Turns out Walmart Photo does the same thing, but cheaper. Woot! The craft room is just about all done.

1685813517484.png

GasBandit

Staff member
Uh, you might want to make sure nobody's behind you for this one. It's not NSFW, but it kinda looks like it should be.

Uh, you might want to make sure nobody's behind you for this one. It's not NSFW, but it kinda looks like it should be.
There was that cursed rabbit stew one, too.
Lemme see if I can find it...ah here we go:
bunnybroth.jpg
EDIT: Also -2pts to Jakob for not calling them “skin-o’-man rolls.”
--Patrick

Last edited: