Give up Brees for Peterson?

My brother wants to trade me RG3 and Andrian Peterson for Drew Brees and Maurice Jones-Drew.

My initial reaction is no, but my friend said to go for it since a top RB is worth a lot and I can probably pick up a better QB later.

This is only my 2nd year doing this though so another opinion is welcomed. I still don't know the game that well.

Also I don't think naming rights to his kid is on the table.

Dave

Staff member
Are you talking our league or another? Because it depends on the scoring. Drew Brees will be good for a bunch of touchdowns while MJD is the starting RB of a bad team. Peterson is also the starting RB of a medium/bad team, and RGIII is nowhere close to Brees.

I'd say no.

RG3 is a FUCKTON closer to Brees than MJD's best season in his career is to Adrian Peterson's average season. I would be mashing accept as fast as possible just in case his kid did the trade on his iPad or something

Dave

Staff member
As I said, it depends on the scoring, but in most cases the difference between Brees & RGIII will be greater than MJD & Peterson. RBs are going down steadily in points as the passing game lights up, and RGIII has been showing wear and there have been grumblings that we may see Cousins at some point this season.

So you mash away. But I wouldn't.

the second tier of RBs are going down in points steadily while the first tier are still elite, the big disparity between elite RBs and the RBs by committee makes them more valuable imo

Dave

Staff member
You are right about MJD being in a more committee style offense. I guess that does change things a bit. My footballguys app says that it would be about a 47.1% upgrade so it agrees with you based on their projections.

B

BErt

The only way you don't do it is if the scoring is ridiculously skewed to QBs or if there is an enormous difference in the value of a QB to a RB (2QB leagues or leagues with 14+ teams). Otherwise do it. Make sure you have a good second QB though as you're more likely to use him with RGIII as your primary instead of Brees.

B

BErt

Alright, phil let's ride or die together with ADP and RGIII

image.jpg

B

BErt

I'm not worried about not having ADP today, as you can see by my pic earlier I still have RGIII and AJ Green to carry that team.

FUCK!!

I'm not worried about not having ADP today, as you can see by my pic earlier I still have RGIII and AJ Green to carry that team.

FUCK!!
Really I was just looking forward to my glorious week three when I could take Ray Rice off my bench.