[Brazelton] Google Play Music

GasBandit

Staff member
So, are you like me, and have a whole library of music in Google Play Music? And some leftover credit because you get some for christmas every year?

Well, better spend that shit and back up your music library ASAP, because Google has decided to ax YET ANOTHER service that people use.

Apparently they think we would be better served by "Youtube Music."

Fuuuuuck that.

So yeah, anyway, download your libraries and find a new android player. Might I recommend Phonograph?

Dammit, Google Play Music was fine for my phone, why'd they have to mess with something that was working?

GasBandit

Staff member
Dammit, Google Play Music was fine for my phone, why'd they have to mess with something that was working?
Same reason they had to mess with google reader.
Same reason they had to mess with google inbox.
And the Nexus line of phones.
And Google Talk.

Basically they just hate us.

I'm guessing they're axing Google Play for Youtube Music because if I'm not mistaken, Google Play pays more royalties to musicians than Youtube Music does.

they had warned us low key last year, this is just like google+ shutdown of the past but they are finally giving last call...

Speaking of RIP, I've been using Spark to replace Inbox, and it's still way better at mail sorting than Gmail. I don't even get how it's possible that GMail doesn't have literally the same sorting parameters as Inbox.