Guess I'm gonna perform a wedding...

So this conversation just happened.

Best friend: "If we get a marriage license tomorrow, can we get you up here within 30 days to perform the wedding?"

Me:

... absolutely.

I've got 30 days to plan a trip and figure out how to perform an awesome wedding, otherwise the beginning of two people's lives together will be forever tarnished.

FOREVER TARNISHED!

Unless they get divorced, then my terrible performance as wedding officiant will be but a footnote in a long line of building resentment and ruined lives.

I'm an optimist.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the video of our wedding ever. I hated the officiant we had. Honestly I don't think hate is a strong enough word. It was one of those cases of instant dislike that only deepened the more he talked. I couldn't even look at him during the ceremony because I was afraid I'd launch myself at him and go for the throat. Good times our wedding day. :D
At least these people are your friends. Talk to them about what they want in their ceremony. Give them input on what you think you can pull off. Make it fun. I'm sure you can do it.

Also, as a broke dude right now, this is me figuring out the financing on this trip.

Yeah, I browse imgur while doing that.

I haven't watched the video of our wedding ever. I hated the officiant we had. Honestly I don't think hate is a strong enough word. It was one of those cases of instant dislike that only deepened the more he talked. I couldn't even look at him during the ceremony because I was afraid I'd launch myself at him and go for the throat. Good times our wedding day. :D
Now I have an image of annoyed AniWasabi in a wedding dress doing exactly that. :rage:

At least these people are your friends. Talk to them about what they want in their ceremony. Give them input on what you think you can pull off. Make it fun. I'm sure you can do it.
Jesus, no pressue @Ravenpoe[DOUBLEPOST=1424333963,1424333876][/DOUBLEPOST]Pressure. I've... there was bourbon...

Wow, did you and I have the same officiant? I wasn't "strangle"-angry, but I still can't watch that part of our wedding video without cringing. How did he manage to mangle a short ceremony we wrote ourselves? Ah well, it still makes our friends laugh, so at least something came out of it.

The officiant I had been planning my wedding with was really nice. I have no idea why he wasn't the one that we had on the day of the ceremony. The guy we had didn't want to use the vows we had picked out (we had to make a change in it in order for him to use it). He wanted to meet with us before the wedding...on the day of the wedding...when it's traditionally bad luck for the groom to see the bride. We had no choice. He told me that we couldn't have music during the ceremony after the one I had been planning this with said it was ok and they'd provide a radio. To top it all off he had this condescending, sexist attitude that just made me want to hit him in the face with a flail.

The officiant I had been planning my wedding with was really nice. I have no idea why he wasn't the one that we had on the day of the ceremony. The guy we had didn't want to use the vows we had picked out (we had to make a change in it in order for him to use it). He wanted to meet with us before the wedding...on the day of the wedding...when it's traditionally bad luck for the groom to see the bride. We had no choice. He told me that we couldn't have music during the ceremony after the one I had been planning this with said it was ok and they'd provide a radio. To top it all off he had this condescending, sexist attitude that just made me want to hit him in the face with a flail.
Well, I'm not a religious officiant (despite being an ordained minister) which is kinda what sounds like had the stick up that guy's butt. This is going to be a gay wedding anyway, so snooty 'traditional' types are already out.

fade

Staff member
We had my childhood minister. Well, my parents are greasers-turned-hippies-turned-redneck, so we didn't actually go to church. But we maintained close ties to this minister. He knew more than enough embarrassing stories to tell the audience.

My childhood minister was the officiant for my sister's wedding.

By the end of it, you'd have thought Jesus was the one getting married.

Oh god I just found out I'm going to need a kilt.

What... where... now I gotta start calling places to find out if they have kilts.