Halloween 2021

The Spooky Season is here! Post anything and everything Halloween!

I'm going to share Li'l Z's costume (with his permission) because he's adorably geeky, and I made it, so I'm pretty proud of it. :D I give you the Sorcerer Supreme, Master of the Mystic Arts-

20211028_162602_sm.jpg
20211028_161939_sm.jpg
MisterDoctor_sm.jpg

That’s fantastic! Great job!

Unfortunately, we have decided for the second year in a row to not participate in Halloween. Which sucks because it is our favorite time of year. We just can’t risk it with Dill’s crappy immune system during the global panorama.

For some reason I've started thinking the term "haunted" would be offensive to the Afterlife Community. But... what term would they prefer?

Had a pretty bad year but I'm at such a good place emotionally now that I don't mind celebrating halloween alone this time. I'll be watching the silence of the lambs for a laugh :3

First year for us doing Trick or Treat handouts - since my son is now 13 and didn't have any interest in going out anymore.

Since we just moved to our new place earlier this year, we weren't sure how many people would come. Sat ourselves up in our driveway (we're in a corner lot) and had candy, Goldfish(TM) crackers, and non-candy (various stickers, fun little items, and mini-Play Dough(TM) containers). The non-candy went better than the candy did, but we only had less than 20 kids the entire two hours.

We didn't have a lot of decorations out, but we still had fun with it...

Finally got the pic of our son edited.
He and the wife worked on his costume on and off for about a month, with four days' crunch time right before the big day. Nobody recognized who he was supposed to be.

CmbrSmol.jpg

ambrsmol.jpg

It's Merle Ambrose!

He also went to an event on the Friday before as Freddy Fazbear, which was the costume we had assembled for him for last year, but y'know...COVID. I don't have any pics of that one, cuz I was at work for that, but I tell ya, wearing the costume (for funzies, for pajamas, etc) on and off since 2020 really amped up the "dilapidated animatronic" vibe.

--Patrick

Finally got the pic of our son edited.
He and the wife worked on his costume on and off for about a month, with four days' crunch time right before the big day. Nobody recognized who he was supposed to be.

View attachment 39327

View attachment 39328
It's Merle Ambrose!

He also went to an event on the Friday before as Freddy Fazbear, which was the costume we had assembled for him for last year, but y'know...COVID. I don't have any pics of that one, cuz I was at work for that, but I tell ya, wearing the costume (for funzies, for pajamas, etc) on and off since 2020 really amped up the "dilapidated animatronic" vibe.

--Patrick
I've never heard of Wizard 101, but even without that knowledge, it's clear your son is a wizard, and the costume is fantastic!

I wouldn't get the harry potter reference but that is a bitchin wizard costume
We did get a lot of “Dumbledore” and “A Wizard” and one “Wise Man” (okaayy?) but apparently nobody we ran into plays the game.

—Patrick

Reactions: Cat
I want to see the bonkers manger scene where THAT is one of the Wise Men! That is Christmas on ALL the drugs!

Reactions: Cat
I'm in an apartment now. I didn't dress up, and I figured I'd get zero trick or treaters...which ended up being a correct assumption. Kinda disappointed.