HalTumblr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaHands

Staff member
Would it be crazy to make a HalForums tumblr?

We could share the comics posted here with a source linking to HalForums, share pictures of our resident cosplayers (from their tumblrs, of course) and multiple people could run it (Fig and Kags have tumblrs as well)!

I just feel like it'd be a great way to draw people to the site/forums. Tumblr is chock-full of cosplayers, ragamuffins and general deviants that'd feel welcome on the forums. Also, the ability to 'reblog' might do wonders for the comic people here? I can make a HalForums watermark to put on any comics/picture posted there JUUUUST in case they delete the source part on the blog.[DOUBLEPOST=1357752983][/DOUBLEPOST]And I'd be willing to take the reigns and adding any person to the mod list on that Tumblr. I know, that craaaazy social media you oldtimers have trouble with. :zoid:

Also, I know this isn't exactly a 'board request', I just figured this was the best way to get you moddies to see it before all the rabble rousers did.

I am totally for this. I was thinknig of starting up our annual February Draw Every Day, and this would be an effective solution for sharing our better sketches. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1357753424][/DOUBLEPOST]I should get my own tumblr anyway...

BananaHands

Staff member
Well, pending Dave 's approval, I'll set up a tumblr and add approved mods to be able to post and edit the tumblr page? I'm assuming halforums.tumblr.com would be appropriate?[DOUBLEPOST=1357753574][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I'd like to hear Zappit 's thoughts on this as well, because I'm sure a few of his comics would be posted (or reblogged if he already has a tumblr)?

figmentPez

Staff member
I've never used tumblr but it can't be that hard to figure out.
Figuring out the politics of Tumblr is a lot harder than figuring out the user interface.

There are some obscure things about how it works, like:
- Only the first five tags on a post will show up in general searches (though this doesn't apply to searching within a specific tumblr), so if you want people to find your post by searching for a tag, make sure it's in the first five and any joke tags are later on the list.
- Shortcuts to quickly reblog stuff
- Tools like "Missing e" which some users like to hide spoilers or NSFW stuff. (I don't use it myself)
- How to reblog your own post

but for the most part you don't need to know much beyond basic web surfing and forum posting skills to use Tumblr. Plus you can always ask about stuff.

Zappit

Staff member
Well, pending Dave 's approval, I'll set up a tumblr and add approved mods to be able to post and edit the tumblr page? I'm assuming halforums.tumblr.com would be appropriate?[DOUBLEPOST=1357753574][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I'd like to hear Zappit 's thoughts on this as well, because I'm sure a few of his comics would be posted (or reblogged if he already has a tumblr)?
Hmm. Seems interesting. A watermark would certainly help. Eh, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.