Happy fucking fourth UPDATED (at the bottom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp took the kids and the wife to my mom's to be with the family on the fourth for bbq and everything. Come dinner time (about 2 hours after we got there) my mom wants the kids to sit in the front room while the adults set at the table and my wife got mad at my mom because she wanted our kids to sit at the table so started yelling at her. Ended my kids sat at the table while the adults ate outside, as soon as I was done eating I said fuck it and brought my kids and wife home, along with myself and my wife is mad at me because I'm mad at her... what a great fucking holiday :pud:

Happy fucking fourth

It could be in a blog too. it could be anywhere. but it's here. and here we are. We are all here right now.

-- Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:19 pm --

Charlie Dont Surf said:
It could be in a blog too. it could be anywhere. but it's here. and here we are. We are all here right now.
I am in this thread.

P

Pojodan

Happy smurfing fourth

I learned long ago that I needed to wear my tollerance hat quite snugly whenever at family gatherings for the sake of hollidays.

my extended family is a lot less tense than most, but I've had plenty of opportunities to get irritated and escape, but I try not to.

Just because they're family, doesn't mean you have to agree with or like them.

T

Twitch

Happy fucking fourth

My family from California just called the other day, they won't be able to make it due to some illness that they would just HATE to spread. :D :D :D :D

Happy smurfing fourth

My family spends the entirety of the holidays at each other's throats....except when it's time to eat. Then we are the most jovial and loving family ever.

L

Laurelai

Happy smurfing fourth

I...... have food poisoning that I apparently obtained from a wedding reception last night.

:retard:

Happy smurfing fourth

Fuck family. I'm home alone, playing/forum posting/watching movies and I wouldn't have it any other way. GF is working till 1am, I don't have to work tomarrow, and life couldn't be sweeter. Well some extra cash would be nice, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

S

Scarlet Varlet

Happy smurfing fourth

CrimsonSoul said:
what a great smurfing holiday :pud:
Condolences your wife doesn't know the basic manners.

A) It's a guest's house, you don't make rules or change the rules established by the host(ess.)

B) It's Grandma's house. Grandmas are top of the Pyramid of Power in the family. Grandfathers may think say otherwise, but only out of ear-shot of Grandma. What Grandma says is law and non-negotiable.

Happy smurfing fourth

The "kids" table has never made sense to me. When I was younger on holidays everyone would sit at the same table and eat together as a family. Had I ever been sat at a tiny table with the rest of the kids off in a corner some where while the adults have their ever so stimulating conversations instead of being treated like a member of the family there would be some hell to pay.

T

TwoBit

Happy smurfing fourth

Well, this has been a boring-ass 4th. For me anyway.

S

Scarlet Varlet

Happy smurfing fourth

Two Geocaches on the way to the hardware store for some plaster and two cans of spray paint. :paranoid:

Now I'm sitting down to two ears of corn, green beans and spinach out of the steamer, some fresh baked french bread and a bottle of Fat Tire Amber Ale.

Perhaps I'll find more to do later. :D

Happy fucking fourth

Browsing Gamestop, groceries, picked up Hot Fuzz on DVD, went to see Public Enemies, got iHop for dinner, fiance and I playing WoW...

Not different from any other day, but eh, I'm good.

S

Scarlet Varlet

Happy smurfing fourth UPDATED (at the bottom)

Police cars all over the place!
Sirens!
Some of them driving very, very fast.

:paranoid:

Happy smurfing fourth

Far said:
The "kids" table has never made sense to me. When I was younger on holidays everyone would sit at the same table and eat together as a family. Had I ever been sat at a tiny table with the rest of the kids off in a corner some where while the adults have their ever so stimulating conversations instead of being treated like a member of the family there would be some hell to pay.
The only family gatherings that we ever had the 'kids table' for were the ones that were literally too big to host everyone in the same room. Which was most of them.

I remember one cousin, though, who was always just too good for the kid's table. Even now, if there are two tables in a given situation, I can almost see her calculating the mean age for both tables and placing herself at the higher one. :facepalm:

W

Wasabi Poptart

Far said:
We only had a "kids' table" because we couldn't fit everyone at my grandmom's kitchen table.

S

Scarlet Varlet

From what I can recall of 'kids table' events, the kids were sent off to their own table, with someone to look after them, usually a teenager who grumbled about it. The adults wanted to catch up on all manner of family or social events and news, have a natter, where the young ones would constantly require diverting their attention and perhaps limit some topics of discussions.

I'm 26 years old and I've been kid's tabled as recently as last year.

Of course, the kid's table involved both of my brothers and two of my cousins....aged between 19 and 22.

I preferred the kids' table to the adult table. Better conversation among the children than the "who's gaining weight" and "who's getting divorced" etc etc gossip at my grandma's house.

The Kid's table was always the best at my Dad's family gatherings. We always designate it as the cool people table. Everyone always got to choose exactly where they wanted to sit, so us kids would just group together on our own and talk about Harry Potter or Pokemon or something. I'm turning 20 years old this month, and my cousin (nearly 17) and I still always choose the kids' table.

At my mom's family gatherings, there was never a kids table because there's not enough family members on that side to justify more than one table. Basically just my regular immediate family + grandma and aunt.

Z

Zarvox

We usually had a kids' table, and we loved it. We could act up without getting yelled at, and since we were always supervised by one of the cool aunts or uncles, it was great to spend some time with them.

My neighbor's dog is afraid of fireworks and they leave it alone outside every year. This year it decided to attempt to take refuge in our back yard by jumping the fence. Unfortunately, he was tied up so instead of taking shelter in our yard, he ended up hanging himself. My wife found his body still hanging and had to call the Humane Society to come get it. The neighbors came home about the time the Humane Society came to take him away.

And I worked a wedding gig.

Happy fucking fourth.

Edrondol said:
My neighbor's dog is afraid of fireworks and they leave it alone outside every year. This year it decided to attempt to take refuge in our back yard by jumping the fence. Unfortunately, he was tied up so instead of taking shelter in our yard, he ended up hanging himself. My wife found his body still hanging and had to call the Humane Society to come get it. The neighbors came home about the time the Humane Society came to take him away.

And I worked a wedding gig.

Happy fucking fourth.
[attachment=0:2uphxw97]freedog.jpg[/attachment:2uphxw97]

Well, I had a good 4th at least. Parents decided to go to the mountains which meant I was freed from the obligations of visiting them like every year. I actually got to hang out with friends and shoot off fireworks. Had a fire near enough to us that we could see it past some trees off my friend's back porch. Fire Fighters got there quick enough and doused it. We had finished by then, so no worries about being shut down.

We watched a few movies to round out the night. I highly recommend Fanboys, it is great and hilarious.

I almost got into a car accident when some kids thought it would be funny to throw fireworks at my car while I was driving to the gas station. I thought I had been in a fucking IED, I had to pull over for a good 20 minutes before I could drive home. No Dr. Pepper for me :tear:

doomdragon6

Staff member
Edrondol said:
That is without a doubt the most fucked up thing I've heard in a very long time.

Edrondol said:
Holy shit. That's grim.

-- Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:56 am --

Docseverin said:
I almost got into a car accident when some kids thought it would be funny to throw fireworks at my car while I was driving to the gas station. I thought I had been in a fucking IED, I had to pull over for a good 20 minutes before I could drive home. No Dr. Pepper for me :tear:
This is why I've been trying to get a marine for my car. If hooligans do that kind of shit, up through the sunroof he goes. The kids in my neighborhood will all get a pamphlet to take home from school regarding my rules of engagement, and then there will be no more excuses ... :Leyla:

Edrondol said:
My golden retriever nearly did the same thing a few years ago. She was tied up and decided to try climbing over the fence, only to somehow get herself stuck pinned between the chain-link fence and the metal bar on top it was supposed to be connected to. It looked painful as hell, but luckily my brother found her and we got her out before she was seriously hurt (or before a neighbor noticed first and called the cops to accuse us of trying to impale our dog)

doomdragon6 said:
Edrondol said:
That is without a doubt the most fucked up thing I've heard in a very long time.
This. Whoa.
Also, this is why you don't leave dogs alone unguarded in thunderstorms or evenings with storm, unless they've been trained for it-_- Dammit!

P

Philosopher B.

Goddamn Dave that is grim. Reminds me of a dog my family used to have; went abso-lutely NUTS every time there was a crash of thunder. 'Course we kept it indoors.

Edrondol said:
My neighbor's dog is afraid of fireworks and they leave it alone outside every year.
Right here is why they shouldn't be allowed to have a dog. And I'd say that even if the proof hadn't already happened.

Sorry you had to deal with that -- awful.

Just make sure your Marine hasn't acutally been in an IED or he will probably end up like me. Your world goes screwy when shit is blowing up where you thought you were safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.