Happy Holiday Season 2019

Happy holidays to everyone! I hope you spent time with your family (if that's your thing) or time with your friends (if that's your thing) or time with yourself (if that's your thing). I spent time with my weasels 'cause that's my thing.

Thank you for being such wonderful people. You make me laugh and cry and roll my eyes. You share your ups and downs, backs and forths and sideways. You're supportive and caring, and I love you all so much. :heart:

No, this doesn't mean you'll be spared The Scampering.

Happy holidays everybody!
Be safe, be healthy, be able to enjoy it all!

I'm at work on boxing day, after 45 hours of sleep following a far-too-long-but-fun evening of food, drinking, drinking, food, food, and maybe some food and drinking. And board games. :drunk: Not really a hangover but oof.

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had an awesome day and got to spend it the way they wanted.

I’m now being mauled by an 11 year old who is playing Sword and Shield pretty much on top of me and a cranky cat who keeps grunting at me because my Nintendo is in the way.

Dave

Staff member
I survived and am back home. It was okay. My sister in law is now a certified whacko. I mean, she has always been really religious, but now she's "graduated" and gotten two "degrees" from the Institute of Creation Research. Yeah, check this fucking place out. They teach "scientific" research on creationism over evolution and young earth theory. One of her "degrees" is in "Biblical Apologetics".

No, the school is not accredited. No, she couldn't use these in any meaningful way. Yes, it's all bullshit. And yes, she not only is a Trump fan, but thinks that her bullshit degrees are the same as my real ones from an accredited university.

I didn't keep my mouth shut the whole time, but I also spent WAY less time with family than I normally would have.

You should get a degree from clown college and tell her it's the same damn thing, except your degree can be used in real life.

I survived and am back home. It was okay. My sister in law is now a certified whacko. I mean, she has always been really religious, but now she's "graduated" and gotten two "degrees" from the Institute of Creation Research. Yeah, check this fucking place out. They teach "scientific" research on creationism over evolution and young earth theory. One of her "degrees" is in "Biblical Apologetics".

No, the school is not accredited. No, she couldn't use these in any meaningful way. Yes, it's all bullshit. And yes, she not only is a Trump fan, but thinks that her bullshit degrees are the same as my real ones from an accredited university.

I didn't keep my mouth shut the whole time, but I also spent WAY less time with family than I normally would have.
There is a point where religious veers hard into mental illness. And honestly, this looks like one of them.

I don’t even know where to start other than to say I’m sorry you had to listen to it. I wouldn’t have been able to say nothing either.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas. Ours was good, except my girlfriend came down woth some nasty bug. Thinking a pharyngitis so far, possibly with a sinusitis. Kind of a less intense sequel to what kicked her ass in May. she'll be heading to the doctor's tomorrow... While I'll be headed to Quebec City to see my family. Yeah, so I feel like a heel.

But she insisted I go and would brook no argument over it. In theory we'll meet up in Laval for New Year's with my aunts/uncles and so on. Until today, the uncertain part was the road conditions...

Last edited:
So, quick update: Sinusitis with a possible strep throat. She's on antibiotics (a solid GRAM of 'em) for the next 7 days.