[Brazelton] Harold Ramis

Dave

Staff member
Did this one come out of left field for anyone else? I mean, I know that they were always being cagey about why there wasn't going to be a Ghostbusters reunion, but I had no clue the dude was even sick.

This sucks bigtime.

Oh shit, that one came out of left field. :(

I know what he did and how much it influenced what I grew up to love and still love.

I'm off, having some red wine and a lot of good laughs watching 'Caddyshack' while being sad.

Sucks to lose some one that always seemed to be one of the good guys.[DOUBLEPOST=1393267401,1393267365][/DOUBLEPOST]And yes, It did come out of left field, I am quite shocked.

People often forget how much "Caddyshack" meant to a certain generation. Not for me, before my time, but my parents reference it enough that it was "the thing" for them.

I was just saying of Facebook that I grew up watching Caddyshack and National Lampoon's Vacation, but Ghostbusters is the first movie I memorized word for word. I suspect that he had a lot to do with my sense of humor, which is basically saying he had a lot to do with who I am.

God. Dammit.

Basically what Special KO said... the man was such an influence on me growing up through various works... he's helped to guide and build who I am, insofar as appreciation for zany and dry comedies are...

Fuck dammit.

/Sees Harold Ramis as the newest post in General.

/Hopes when he clicks that it's missing the Brazleton tag

/Is disappointed

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I didn't see anything with Ramis' death out there, so I created a thread. Meh, doesn't matter.

All the stuff he's been a part of - including the "Analyze" movies with Crystal and DeNiro. It's just sad how it went out.

Good thing Twinkies are back; we can celebrate this by visualizing an "awfully big Twinkie."