[Question] Help finding a Minecraft Server Supplier

So I have a kid turning 13 Thursday, and his sister wants to get him a Minecraft server so he can run games without people mucking with them. Can anyone suggest a good hosting service? I've done some Googliing, but it's hard to find reliable reviews for something like this so far.

Modded or unmodded? If unmodded you might just want to use Minecraft Realms.
I have no idea. I don't play.
Post automatically merged:

When I hosted our Minecraft server, I used Bisect Hosting. https://www.bisecthosting.com/
I don’t have any complaints, but I would sign up for a lower package and wait for a sale. They often have 60% off for life on their premium packages.
I assume I can upgrade later, but if the limitation is ten players at once, I think the cheapest premium might be fine. He's not going to need more that that for a while I would imagine.

I have no idea. I don't play.
Post automatically merged:

I assume I can upgrade later, but if the limitation is ten players at once, I think the cheapest premium might be fine. He's not going to need more that that for a while I would imagine.
Does he play with a PC or a tablet/phone?

He plays with a Chromebook, but it's also installed on my Windows 10 laptop and his sister's Chromebook. And the Xbox 360.

How many copies of this damned game have I bought now?

He plays with a Chromebook, but it's also installed on my Windows 10 laptop and his sister's Chromebook. And the Xbox 360.

How many copies of this damned game have I bought now?
So now we have to ask if it's Windows 10 edition or Java. :p

I've never done anything other than rolling my own, so I have no idea what the various commercial servers offer (other than more support and a monthly bill).
We don't do a whole lot of downloading/streaming at my place, so bandwidth contention was never really an issue, either.

--Patrick

I've never done anything other than rolling my own, so I have no idea what the various commercial servers offer (other than more support and a monthly bill).
We don't do a whole lot of downloading/streaming at my place, so bandwidth contention was never really an issue, either.

--Patrick
Which would be another option. If you have an extra pc sitting around, setting up a Minecraft server isn’t too difficult. Unless he would want friends to be able to join. Getting it accessible from outside your network could be tricky.

Okay, so I signed up for a premium server on Bisect, and made sure everyone here has the universal Bedrock Minecraft running, but I cannot connect. It says it's up and running on the Bisect page, but Minecraft can't see it.

Okay, so I signed up for a premium server on Bisect, and made sure everyone here has the universal Bedrock Minecraft running, but I cannot connect. It says it's up and running on the Bisect page, but Minecraft can't see it.
I don't think they give Java versions the names like Bedrock, so you might be using the wrong version of Minecraft (aka using Windows Edition not Java)

Yeah, and I shied away from the java version when I found out that most versions are now the unified "Bedrock" version that MS has released. So the Windows 10 version.

Yeah, and I shied away from the java version when I found out that most versions are now the unified "Bedrock" version that MS has released. So the Windows 10 version.
And you made sure to buy the right kind of server, correct?

I thought so, but I now realized I've made a mistake. For what he wants, it's going to be way easier to just use Realms.

At least I only signed up monthly, so I'm only out five bucks.