HeroQuest Remake

Zappit

Staff member
So Hasbro Pulse opened up a crowdfunding campaign to revive HeroQuest today. It looks good, but I’m not all that familiar with the original - at all.

Anyway, it’s still a pretty classic game making a return, and it’s already near it’s million dollar goal.

GasBandit

Staff member
So Hasbro Pulse opened up a crowdfunding campaign to revive HeroQuest today. It looks good, but I’m not all that familiar with the original - at all.

Anyway, it’s still a pretty classic game making a return, and it’s already near it’s million dollar goal.

I owned the original. It was basically "My first extremely restrictive D&D game on rails." Still, if you were looking for a gateway drug to get your friends into tabletop RPGs, this was a good one.

As cool as it looks I'm already invested in the Dinosaur World kickstarter this month. Can't be spending $150 here.
I have the original and I also have a bunch of other kickstarter "dungeon crawl" type games that I haven't even played yet. I could pick up a retail copy at some point, but probably not.
I feel like if I'm going to spend $150 on a game like this I might as well get Gloomhaven or Destiny.

Yeah that's a hefty price tag for nostalgia. I also agree that there are far better dungeon crawl games out there now that you can get for less than $150.