Holiday movie quote game

Here's the way this works. Somebody posts a quote from a holiday season movie. I'm including Thanksgiving as well. Somebody answers it, then posts a quote of their own. Let's see how long we can keep this up.

Rules:
1. No obscure art house films that nobody outside the Bohemian community has seen.
2. The quote can't have any names in it. That's just too easy.

Okay, here we go.

"How may I help you?"
"You can start by wiping that fucking dumbass smile off your rosy fucking cheeks! Then you can give me a fucking automobile. A fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick. Four fucking wheels and a seat!"

Planes, Trails and Automobiles

"Your Honor, The State of New York is second to none in its admiration of the post office department."

Miracle on 34th Street

"Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas..kiss my ass...kiss his ass...kiss your ass... Happy Hannukah."

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

“You say you hate Washington's Birthday or Thanksgiving and nobody cares, but you say you hate Christmas and people treat you like you're a leper.”

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

“You say you hate Washington's Birthday or Thanksgiving and nobody cares, but you say you hate Christmas and people treat you like you're a leper.”
GREMLINS!! :D

"It's the so-called normal guys who always let you down. Sickos never scare me. At least they're committed."

Home Alone

“Maybe Santa won't come back next year. Maybe he and the Easter Bunny will take a fuckin' cruise to Jamaica and you can eat your own lousy cookies!”

Dave

Staff member
I thought the name wasn’t supposed to be in the post!

It’s Elf, of course.

“Yippee ki yay, mother fucker!”

(might have spelled that incorrectly…)

I thought the name wasn’t supposed to be in the post!

It’s Elf, of course.

“Yippee ki yay, mother fucker!”

(might have spelled that incorrectly…)
Die Hard.

"I think the milk's a little sour."
"It's soy milk."

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

"The bitch hit me with a toaster!"
Scrooged

A lot of boys stick up stagecoaches and banks and one thing and another. But a man who would dynamite a water hole in this kind of country is downright criminal.

Here's a quote from another movie:
♫ No such thing as a Hollywood ending ♫

And a hint if anyone else is still trying to figure out the original movie:
Both the star and the director were named 'John'.

Dave

Staff member
Anna and the Apocalypse!! Great movie!

“This is scary stuff! Should we be worried about the kids?”

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

"Take care of my heart. It was always going to be yours, one way or another."
Last Christmas.

"Well, this is Christmas. We're not handing out participation trophies. I can't help it if half the kids deserve coal instead of presents."

Fatman

No, no, no, now that's all wrong
This thing will never make a present
It's been dead for much too long
Try something fresher, something pleasant

The Nightmare Before Christmas

"Winkie made that. That's his idea of a Martian."
Santa Clause conquers the Martians.

Clare: Could that really be just one person?

Barb: No, Clare, it's the Mormon Tabernacle Choir making their annual obscene phone call.

Cool, I had one ready just in case: "Stop scowling, Patrick, you're such a grinch. And what does Mr. Grinch want for Christmas this year? And don't say breast implants again."

I'm wracking my brain but can't think of any holiday movie with that quote. I also will not cheat by using Google. Hmmm...

Look, I think Die Hard is pushing the definition of a holiday/Christmas movie, but American Psycho is definitely not a holiday movie.

Then lets begin anew,

"You didn't answer me right away. You had to think about it first, didn't you? If you really had thought I was beautiful, you would've spoken right up. I know when I've been insulted. I KNOW WHEN I'VE BEEN INSULTED."

Then lets begin anew,

"You didn't answer me right away. You had to think about it first, didn't you? If you really had thought I was beautiful, you would've spoken right up. I know when I've been insulted. I KNOW WHEN I'VE BEEN INSULTED."
oh Lucy, you narcissistic b-word. A Charlie Brown Christmas.

“Smell those Christmas trees! You can keep your "Channel Number 5", just give me a whiff of the old lonesome pine. That symbol of brotherly love, that centerpiece that all mankind gathers around to share the cranberry sauce shaped like a can.”

Last edited: