Hope and Change: How's that working out for you?

GasBandit

Staff member

I don't understand what this is referencing. It's like a post from 6 years ago (say, when Obama decided not to close gitmo) got thrown into the future to be posted at a point in time in which it seems irrelevant.

I don't understand what this is referencing. It's like a post from 6 years ago (say, when Obama decided not to close gitmo) got thrown into the future to be posted at a point in time in which it seems irrelevant.
When an old band goes on tour, no one wants to hear their new album. They want them to play the hits.

Wait, nobody wants to defend Obutthole's amazing policies that saved the nation? I guess at this point, even an illiterate halfwit living under a rock on the moon has to admit that he was a complete and total failure. I mean, at least to themselves. Is that what is happening here? Can't admit it publicly, but privately, in your innermost thoughts, maybe you are thinking to yourself ''Wow, we elected a POTUS sooooo bad, soooooo repugnant, that he makes Donald trump look good by comparison.''

Donald. Trump.

That's how bad your guy was, so bad that an insane ball of cat hair that is 100% owned by the 1% Ruling Elite's Evil Globalist Bankers (Goldman Sachs, Illuminati, Rothschilds, CFR, whatever) is somehow a better choice. Yay. Awesome. That's great. Good job, Odummy.

Dave

Staff member
I'd yawn at this but I'm too busy facepalming at the ineptitude of the attempt at trolling.

Wait, nobody wants to defend Obutthole's amazing policies that saved the nation? I guess at this point, even an illiterate halfwit living under a rock on the moon has to admit that he was a complete and total failure. I mean, at least to themselves. Is that what is happening here? Can't admit it publicly, but privately, in your innermost thoughts, maybe you are thinking to yourself ''Wow, we elected a POTUS sooooo bad, soooooo repugnant, that he makes Donald trump look good by comparison.''

Donald. Trump.

That's how bad your guy was, so bad that an insane ball of cat hair that is 100% owned by the 1% Ruling Elite's Evil Globalist Bankers (Goldman Sachs, Illuminati, Rothschilds, CFR, whatever) is somehow a better choice. Yay. Awesome. That's great. Good job, Odummy.
Oohhhh...is that what you were getting at? It is kind of hard to tell given your mediocre communication skills. To answer your question in the OP title: It worked out fine. I'm generally better off than I was before Obama's presidency, but that probably isn't due to anything he did or didn't do. He didn't hold me back either. It looks like America is still here, people still have their guns, and the economy is still slowly rebounding. I guess things aren't so terrible, on average.

B

BErt

*whispers* :guys, I think he thinks Trump literally beat Obama in the election:

Bin Laden was killed under his watch.
Repealed DADT
Stimulated the car industry, creating 250,000 jobs.
Dodd-Frank Act.
New START Arms Control Treaty.
Paris Agreement (assuming Trump doesn't fuck it up).
Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
Limited the effect of the recession on the US (go ahead, compare what happened there in the US to what happened in Europe. You coped much better).
Gave FDA authority over tobacco (seriously, how was this not already a thing?)

Yeah, I know I'm not including Obamacare on this list. Not because I don't consider it an achievement, but because I know you won't & you'd probably just dismiss any list that included it, so I left it off.

Oh, and the electorate didn't decide Trump was a better choice than Obama - they decided he was better than Hillary Clinton. Not the same thing. If Obama was eligible for a 3rd term he would have destroyed Trump. When you say that Trump is better just because he replaced Obama you are effectively saying that every President is better than their predecessor - who would also have been better than their predecessor. By that logic every President is better than every President that came before them. So Nixon was a better President than Lincoln. And the worst President the US ever had was George Washington.:rolleyes:

When Washington was President, most American citizens didn't have access to electricity, running water, or Internet. All of these were nearly universally available during Obama's two terms. Clearly Obama is a better President than Washington.

Necronic

Staff member

Donald. Trump.

Your confusing thesis has captured my attention. Tell me more.

Can we just skip to the part where MisterSteve uses a racial slur and we ban him?

Oh come on, you know he wants to.

Bin Laden was killed under his watch.
Repealed DADT
Stimulated the car industry, creating 250,000 jobs.
Dodd-Frank Act.
New START Arms Control Treaty.
Paris Agreement (assuming Trump doesn't fuck it up).
Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
Limited the effect of the recession on the US (go ahead, compare what happened there in the US to what happened in Europe. You coped much better).
Gave FDA authority over tobacco (seriously, how was this not already a thing?)

Yeah, I know I'm not including Obamacare on this list. Not because I don't consider it an achievement, but because I know you won't & you'd probably just dismiss any list that included it, so I left it off.

Oh, and the electorate didn't decide Trump was a better choice than Obama - they decided he was better than Hillary Clinton. Not the same thing. If Obama was eligible for a 3rd term he would have destroyed Trump. When you say that Trump is better just because he replaced Obama you are effectively saying that every President is better than their predecessor - who would also have been better than their predecessor. By that logic every President is better than every President that came before them. So Nixon was a better President than Lincoln. And the worst President the US ever had was George Washington.:rolleyes:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! !

Oh, that is some good shit. So sweet, so so sweet. Yeah, I needed that, I really did.

Ahh, it's Mr. Steve, literally the only person on this forum who's political views are less respected than CDS's.

Ah the rebuttal skills of a child. Gotta love it.
Hey now, that might not be a rebuttal. Maybe my super awesome debate skills convinced him & he was laughing at how wrong he was & the "I needed that" referred to him "really needing someone to show me how dumb I was being.":p

Zappit

Staff member
Boy, I remember MisterSteve as a pretty decent guy. Maybe I'm not remembering things right?

This MisterSteve seems like he's about to claim Sandy Hook caused 9/11.

Boy, I remember MisterSteve as a pretty decent guy. Maybe I'm not remembering things right?

This MisterSteve seems like he's about to claim Sandy Hook caused 9/11.
I think he's pretty decent as long as you don't get him onto politics. And even if you do he's keeping it all to the politics subforum & for all the childish insults about Obama he isn't actually flaming anyone.