How am I Going To Be A Better Poster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
Here's my list:

• To stay out of new user introduction threads. They'll have their moment in the sun as witness to one of my delicious bon-mots.
  • Actually, just stay out of threads where I would just flippin' ROAST that ish,
  • To scour the internet for more Simpsons .gifs, because that's my thing these days, goddamnit
  • Be a paragon of the virtue of cool, unless my stupid ex-roomate decides to open his mouth and tell-all about how much of a nerdy dip I am,
  • Probably doodle more. Doodles make people happy,
  • Not make so many inside jokes..............after this thread.

Okay, now your turn, everybody!

I've been kinda down lately and I feel like that has made my posting more... acerbic.

I will endeavour to govern myself accordingly.

ElJuski

Staff member
Chippy we need to grab a beer sometime. I also miss that Joker clapping avatar, on the reals.

ElJuski

Staff member
I've been kinda down lately and I feel like that has made my posting more... acerbic.

I will endeavour to govern myself accordingly.
I also think when you get down you start talking in the Queen's English, and not enough Ray to the Roast Beef.

It might be time for another Achewood re-read, at least of the golden years.

How Gusto Got His Groove Back.

I don't know what I can change.

Any suggestions?
You're not the problem here. Juski is.

That right there is a perfect example of text failing to convey intent. In speaking that aloud, I can overemphasize the last two words to be clear I'm joking, but here on the forum, it looks like I'm making an honest assessment. So then I can add:

He said so himself. That's what the whole thread is about. No one is doing anything wrong except Juski. Read the OP and you'll see.

This calls for an emoticon. But which?

:ban:

Oops. I misunderstood!
I'm joking!

About the intent of the thread, anyway. It is for everyone to improve. But I don't think there's anything for you to improve, Sin. You post your art, you tell stories (I think you and Jay have the best stories on here), you don't nag or attack people--you're fine.

Let's see, what can I do?

• Use more emoticons so everyone knows I'm joking.
  • Be less perfect.
  • Get a sex change.
  • Go back in time to stop Juski's ancestors from inventing anxiety.
  • Pimp more Arjen Lucassen.

I can't tell if being more of a pervert or less of a pervert would be better. The former would make things interesting. The latter would make people less uncomfortable.

-keep up more with my "Draw something" thread. At the very least, I should do this on those days where my cintiq decides to work properly. (This will actually require that I get better at my job as currently I'm so far behind quota that it''s keeping me from drawing on my own time. And the main way to accomplish that, is probably to spend less time here, which ties into...)

-schedule my time here more appropriately. Sorry, but the best way I can think of to improve my posting habits, is to cut down on my posting.

- Start posting in the new members forum. I love the biting, somewhat meanspirited humour of the forums but for the most part I don't take part in it that much myself, so I could be just the person to warn them and let them know what they're getting in to. Heck, I've been here since the Image boards and know the dynamic of the forum pretty well, I should make more of an effort to be an ambassador to the new members

-Post less one word/ one image responses. This is something I know I'm guilty of, and I'm pretty sure it's one of those things that Juice and Chippy in particular find annoying. Which sets them off and then everyone else gets all pissy at them.

M

makare

Most of my posts end up in random crap or one of the rant or win threads. Hopefully when I have more time on my hands I'll post more threads. Although a lot of the things I see people post would work just fine in those threads so I don't know.

1. Get some more music discussion happening.

2. Make posts 100% NSFW thread exclusive.

4. Try harder. These short posts/lack of new threads amuse no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.