[Question] How does one find a analrapist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I need to find someone to help me work through some issues, but I'll be damned if I know how to approach this. Do I see a therapist or analyst or something more clinical? Should I talk to a general practitioner first for a recommendation, or just hit the yellow pages?

Additional info: This is stemming from anger issues, the causes of which I have mostly identified but can't seem to improve. I don't for the life of me know what they will do for me other than give me someone to rant at who won't repeat what I say.

Dave

Staff member
Either that is the most amazingly funny typo or I don't quite get the joke.

In any event, you can easily Google therapists in your area and get people who specialize in such things. What I don't know is your insurance. Before settling on a therapist, contact your insurance person and ask them how much it pays and which of the therapists are in your network.

Also, ask the therapist up front how much they cost. I know that adding money issues onto anger management might not be the best thing.

There's a good database / thing for searching online. I want to say it's something like "Psychology Now" or something like that that a friend linked me to. Maybe Psychology Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.