[Question] How long are your fingers?

How long are your fingers relative to each hand?

• The same

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Longer on dominant hand

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Longer on non-dominant hand

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I came upon the notion that guitarists have longer fingers on their fretting hand versus their strumming hand. Sure enough, each finger on my left are about 1/8" longer than the ones on my right.

Still, this may not necessarily be a guitarist thing. Just curious if anyone else has differing finger lengths. And if you do, do you think any activity you practice might contribute to it, as I think playing guitar might for me?

Funny, I never noticed it before, but the fingers on my left hand are slightly longer than my right hand. And I'm assuming that my left hand is the dominant one; I do better in sports with my left hand, but I write with my right hand (as well as using the mouse and strumming the guitar). Probably because I just learned it that way

I'm not going to check. If I do, it'll be like finding the bad pixel in a new monitor, and I'll never again be able to not notice.

I'm not going to check. If I do, it'll be like finding the bad pixel in a new monitor, and I'll never again be able to not notice.
Or when you notice the constant squeaking of shoes during a basketball game... you never stop hearing them again... and it drives you nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.