HTC vive

Alright alright alright! Only got 2 hours of sleep yesterday for work last night but... The vive is pretty fucking awesome. I even enjoy mine craft with it and I don't like mine craft lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Not a lot tight now. I have star trek Bridge crew, riches plank experience, the lab, rec room. I also have Pulsar:lost colony which was recently updated for full vr (it's like bridge crew but you can move around the whole ship, go down to planets, board enemy ships) tabletop Sim. I'm not sure what other games I have that support vr I'd have to look

I want to get hotdogs, handgrenades, and horseshoes because it looks fun and I want to get SportsBar_VR for the same reason

How is Star Trek? I've heard it's multiplayer only and haven't tried it out.
Star Trek has a single-player option. You send commands to the AI players.

This works well for the USS Aegis, but on the original Enterprise bridge the controls are kind of clunky so single-player is annoying.

So... @Dave do you have an extra 3 on 1 cable you can send me while I wait for the rma on mine :( my hdmi cord shorted out so I only get a black screen on the vive. So I have to send it back (at my expense) and then they ship a new one 5 to 7 days after they get the broke one... Sigh... And I've only had it for 2 days :(

I got bridge crew for free with my vive.. Just saying I'm down... I'll have my new cables on Tuesday (I bought a pair to go with my rma)

So my new cables are less than an hour away from me right now... and apparently it takes 2 days to travel about 45 minutes so maybe I'll have them Tuesday, maybe tomorrow. Who knows!

So my new cables are less than an hour away from me right now... and apparently it takes 2 days to travel about 45 minutes so maybe I'll have them Tuesday, maybe tomorrow. Who knows!
I used to live about a mile from the UPS hub.
OH! But it's not the UPS hub for YOUR area, no, no, no. YOUR UPS hub is actually about 9 miles over there.
Sooo many times I would miss a package. Sooo many times I would have to drive right past it to get to "my" hub to get my missed package. Grrr.

--Patrick

I finally figured out the Vive problem. After trying another 3 in 1 cable I found when you push up on the USB (where it plugs into the vive) everything goes green and I can put on the HMD and look around and everything. I let go of the usb and my screen goes dark. I push on it again and boom, green led and screen is on. talking to support now

HTC is pissing me the fuck off. Apparently my repair ticket had "some misspellings" in it or some shit, and so now they have to contact the repair department to see if they even HAVE my headset still and then they can create a new ticket. If they sent it back to me they will actually pay for shipping this time...from the chat

"We don't have a direct contact with the repair center, so we need to create an escalation to confirm they still have your headset or not. Then, depending on this, we can book a new repair ticket as the one that was created previously had some misspelled words. Then the device will be diagnosed, repaired and tested before it is sent back to you. If the device was sent back to you unrepaired, which is not a good option. I guess we will have to provide you a prepaid label to send the device once again to us and create a new repair ticket (correctly) to have the device repaired. "

This is turning into a fucking headache.

Jibbers Crabst, how bad were those misspellings?
And they offer NO compensation not even an extension on the one-month free trial of vive port that I haven't been able to use because of a manufacturing defect in their product. Also, I like how reluctant it sounds at the end "I guess we'll have to pay for it then"

Dave

Staff member
You see someone that works at HTC just sent you a message on Facebook? Squeaky wheel gets ALL THE GREASE!

This is comical. Just got back from vacation today and in my email (from today) is another new HTC support ticket. This time its telling me to send my device to Houston (it's already in Fort worth) with a new request date of today. I just looked at my old ticket and apparently it shipped out today (and I'm assuming they shipped it to Houston to fix it now instead of the place it already was)? I have no idea what is going on. Waiting to hear back from them again

That's a circus! It broke June 8th, and here we are a month later and you can't use something you paid $800 for, and they can't get it fixed within a week? And it's just days old when it breaks?

I'd demand a refund and threaten a chargeback on my card. They've given you so many promises and broken them it's not very far from fraud.

Tear them up on the phone and don't let them go until they simply send you a replacement. Screw repairing the old one, they've got new ones sitting on the shelf and it's been over a month. There is absolutely no excuse nor reason for this, and given the war between oculus and vive I'd consider blowing it up on social media - you can be sure they'd fix the problem lickety split if it was shared more than a few hundred times on any of the big sites.

You don't even have to embellish it. Just provide a few stock images of the vive and the story of their terrible customer service and support. Get it in the right channels on facebook and their corporate machine will notice and bump it for you, hurray for competition.

You are being awfully nice to a company who's screwing you over.

That's a circus! It broke June 8th, and here we are a month later and you can't use something you paid $800 for, and they can't get it fixed within a week? And it's just days old when it breaks?

I'd demand a refund and threaten a chargeback on my card. They've given you so many promises and broken them it's not very far from fraud.

Tear them up on the phone and don't let them go until they simply send you a replacement. Screw repairing the old one, they've got new ones sitting on the shelf and it's been over a month. There is absolutely no excuse nor reason for this, and given the war between oculus and vive I'd consider blowing it up on social media - you can be sure they'd fix the problem lickety split if it was shared more than a few hundred times on any of the big sites.

You don't even have to embellish it. Just provide a few stock images of the vive and the story of their terrible customer service and support. Get it in the right channels on facebook and their corporate machine will notice and bump it for you, hurray for competition.

You are being awfully nice to a company who's screwing you over.
Oh I've been on social media for this lol that's where the 100 dollars came from. And talking to the guy today they are replacing it completely instead of a repair, that's what the new support ticket it for.

Got my Vive in (on Wednesday) and set it up today, so far everything is working flawlessly! woo! the only thing I had to do was move the USB to a different port.

It will use up everything a usb port has to give
I honestly think that was my whole problem to begin with. Because even when I got my new vive in I still had an intermittent black display. I switched USB ports on a whim (and moved my mouse or keyboard to a front USB port) and it's ran flawlessly for hours since. I feel dumb that I didn't try that to begin with if it was the whole problem, but hey I got a 100 dollar gift card out of it lol