i can no longer get my garage door opener to learn a remote

we had power issues the other day, after turning off and restarting my opener i was able to get one of my remotes prgrammed to it, but for the life of me I can not seem to get it into "learn" mode again to program the other. should i be shopping for a new unit?

Don't know enough about these things (I have no garage!), but I would make sure you haven't exceeded some sort of maximum number of learned remotes OR that the backup battery in the opener hasn't gone bad.

--Patrick

You may have to reset your garage door opener to erase all known remotes, then retry learning the two you have.

Beyond that, if you give the manufacturer and model number I may be able to provide a few more things to try.

You may have to reset your garage door opener to erase all known remotes, then retry learning the two you have.

Beyond that, if you give the manufacturer and model number I may be able to provide a few more things to try.
Generally, this. There should be a "reset" button on your opener's back. Then, you will have to have your remotes "relearn" the communications with the opener. Usually this is nothing more than clicking and holding a button on the back of the unit while holding down the clicker on the remote, but it does vary from model to model.

Do a Google search of your opener's manufacturer and model number, and see if there's any instructions or anything about how to introduce remotes to the system.