I can't sleep so ask me anything :)

What's your next big photography project?
As soon as I get my converted camera back I plan to go to the florist and pick out some roses, tulips and a few other interesting subjects and start on an infrared macro project. I feel that there isn't much out there in that field and I want to try it.

My conversion is 590 nm so I will have the option to have wild "colour" all the way to deep black and white.

Like the Apprentice?

(I was previously ashamed that I enjoyed Celebrity Apprentice. Now I'm horrified that I did)
I can't handle Donald Trump. I love Tattoo Nightmares because of the fantastic art and the hilarious reinactments. I also love weight loss shows I get all involved in them.

I really liked that survival show Alone recently too.

Oh and Top Model. Go Nyle![DOUBLEPOST=1449729816,1449729701][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why the fascination with the stuffed bears?
I blame my parents. They got me one and I got hooked. Then they kept getting them for me. I didn't even think they made all the different ones until recently and I want them all!!

How many do you have? Have you done a group photo?
That's a really good question and I'd have to check the basement. Easily 50ish snuffles. I will do one!! I have one of the massive ones and I'll pile them all on him.[DOUBLEPOST=1449731520,1449731412][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you still use a darkroom?
I've only been serious about photography for a few years so no darkroom for me. I consider raw files negatives and I rarely share unedited pictures.

How do you store your photos?

Do you regularly delete unsatisfactory pics or do you keep them all?

What software do you use for editing/storage/manipulating/viewing?

Do you hang your work at home?

What is the most challenging aspect of photography?

Are squidelybits the innards of a squid?

Whose photography do you try to emulate?

Should we ask more photography questions?

How much ho could a Hobo ho if a Hobo could ho ho?

How do you store your photos?
I have a TB hard drive on my laptop. I have them all there and a double back up on two portable hard drives. I'm considering cloud storage as well. I can't lose them.

Do you regularly delete unsatisfactory pics or do you keep them all?
I am terrible and really must go through and delete all my unacceptable images. My hard drive is full :(

What software do you use for editing/storage/manipulating/viewing?
I use photoshop and Lightroom for editing and manipulating. I'd like to learn more about photo editing. Right now I feel like I'm only just scratching the surface of what's possible.

Do you hang your work at home?
Only charity calendars. I have a wall of fame in my office of 8 x 10s that I change up often. My office is in an industrial park and I'm in a dark corner so it really makes it happier in here :)

What is the most challenging aspect of photography?
Getting to the right place in good light. There is so much I want to see and my job is killing my creativity :D

Are squidelybits the innards of a squid?
Lol! The nickname of my cat Sid. I named an early WoW character with that nickname because it was unique and kept it for my battle tag and name here because it reminds me of her. She was awesome and after she passed I had her paw prints tattooed. And I get all teary thinking of her and I'm in my office eating lunch. Omg I don't want people to think in crying.

Whose photography do you try to emulate?
I have a lot of respect for a local night photographer and his work has inspired me to to try Milky Way shots and star trails. I don't try to copy other than to learn technique. I've had a few very basic classes but am mostly self taught. And you tube taught.

Should we ask more photography questions?
Sure! I love photography talk :)

How much ho could a Hobo ho if a Hobo could ho ho?
So much! You should see his phone background.[DOUBLEPOST=1449773042,1449773006][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok I kind of messed that up. I'll fix it from my laptop tonight :)

Last edited:
You spent how much on Camera supplies?!!!??
That was classic!!

I called the credit card company to see why I could shop locally but my online payment for a stuffed bear got declined. They thought my recent massive camera purchase online was fraudulent and they barred all online shopping.

Does it make it better that my friend is responsible for a good portion of the bill? We ordered together.[DOUBLEPOST=1449956566,1449956529][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you planning to get any pictures of the Geminid meteor shower tomorrow?
If we can get a clear night I would love to. The forecast is a bit depressing.

Next major purchase of either?
I'm not sure on the bear front, I have pretty much all of the reasonably priced ones. There is a massive silver one, but its $800, so that's silly.

For camera stuff, I plan to save up and buy a better quality zoom lens. My current one is a cheap pos.