I was a-okay with not owning the 3DS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall seeing gameplay footage of a game just like this a couple of years ago. Not sure what system, but whatever it was, it never came to the US. I'm thinking it may be the same with this.

I seem to recall seeing gameplay footage of a game just like this a couple of years ago. Not sure what system, but whatever it was, it never came to the US. I'm thinking it may be the same with this.
I know, it's why I said " started learning Japanese." ;)

Oh my goodness. Street Fighter? Mega Man? Motherfucking Tales characters? This will never hit US shores, Capcom hates its fans. Maybe if Bandai-Namco published it, they're gaining a bit more ground again since Graces F I think.

I played my 3DS just as much as I played my DS. That is to say, intensely every few months when a game worth playing on it comes out.

It was probably Capcom X Namco (read X as cross), which is the first in this series. It was on PS2 and has an english fan patch if you know how to do that sort of thing (kind of like what you do to get Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Job System to work). The two original characters from that game are in this as well (that would be the guy and gal with the katana/gun sets).

I'd also like to add that there are several SEGA characters in this as well. Selvaria from Valkeryia Chronicles is one.

And yeah... if this comes stateside, I'll probably get a 3DS sooner rather than later.

The original one wasn't translated for a couple of reasons, namely that half the characters are from games that didn't come out overseas (or don't have significant fan bases outside of Japan) and that no one wanted to translate and code all of that text. Hopefully they do it this time...

For those of you wondering why this game even has a chance of release and something like Super Robot Wars doesn't, it's because the licensing issues for SRW are absolutely insane. No one is quite sure who legally owns the licenses to some of the anime involved, so no one can license the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.