I'm Gonna Kill My Dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a lower-end Logitech set I got for about 35 at Wal-Mart. Good set, though more than 3 hours with them and they hurt a tad on my ears. I do, however, have large ears, so your mileage may vary. I can't seem to find the model number, though...

Honestly, I stopped buying the smaller framed head sets because I kept breaking them. You might be gentler on things than me, but I find that I need the bigger ones if I want it to last more than a month or two.

Well personally I'd prefer noise cancelling headphones with an attached mic since my systems are right next to the TV, but sadly those are in the $50+ range.

I got a decent one a few months ago at best buy. I don't remember how much it was. I have one that's USB only, but it only wants to work occasionally, and I don't like the limited sound options you get with a pure USB headset.

Get a good headset that's adjustable. The cheap ones try to fit too many heads, and you'll end up with ear pain for long gaming sessions.

Sennheiser may seem expensive, but they have an excellent warranty, and they are far superior to many others in terms of sound quality, noise reduction on the microphone, durability, and comfort.

You don't have to buy the $300 set - the $40-$80 headsets are great.

On the other hand, if your dog's gonna chew them up once a year or so, maybe cheap is the way to go. My good headphones are put away, and I'm using a cheap no-name brand right now. I hate 'em for long gaming sessions, but I don't have time for that right now anyway, so it's a wash.

That said, I don't like behind the head - lots of pressure on the ears to support the headphones. More comfy with a large headband to support the weight on the head. Depends on your hairstyle, though. With glasses behind the ear can be painful as well.

Good luck!

-Adam

Shegokigo said:
http://www.amazon.com/Inland-87076-Powered-Vibration-Headset/dp/B000234N0S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246938525&sr=1-2

These seem to be getting some decent reviews.
Note that the USB plug is only to power the vibration - you still have to plug it into a regular headphone/microphone jack, or get a USB adaptor.

-Adam

stienman said:
Shegokigo said:
http://www.amazon.com/Inland-87076-Powered-Vibration-Headset/dp/B000234N0S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246938525&sr=1-2

These seem to be getting some decent reviews.
Note that the USB plug is only to power the vibration - you still have to plug it into a regular headphone/microphone jack, or get a USB adaptor.

-Adam
:facepalm:

I've lost count of how many times I've glued my Sonys back together again. Next time, maybe they won't use such brittle plastic.

If you're going to kill your dog, could you kill the one we have next door, too? Neighbors got a doberman that's less than a year old. The fool thing barks at me every time I go out of the house. He also barks at the dog on the other side of me. And he barks at rabbits. And raccoons. And deer, foxes, birds, rain, wind, and, near as I can tell, he also barks at the echo of his own barks coming back from across the street. All day, every day.

I so want to get one of these (scroll down to PSP60) and fire it out the window on occasion in retaliation.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.