[TV] Infinity Train

Book 3's first five episodes are on HBO. It's by far one of the darkest seasons the family show has done and probably for the same reason is the best season.
Here are some of my thoughts and theories for the remainder of the season.

Grace and Simon are a pair destined for a tragic splitting. At this point I see Grace leaving the train and Simon remaining, but I feel like there will be a twist somewhere here. Hopefully we will see more backstory between Simon and the Cat.
While Grace and Simon have easily killed multiple "nulls" with their car raiding, it's Simon's killing of Tuba that pretty much puts him beyond redemption at this point.

Speaking of beyond redemption: I believe that Hazel's transformation into a turtle-creature assures her connection to Amelia. My theory on this is that because Amelia had been trying to use the train to live in the past, which goes completely against the nature of the train itself, it has been reshaping her "wishes" in an effort to continue redeeming her. Perhaps, in an attempt to recreate Ulrich himself, the train instead gave Amelia what it felt would better help her move forward; someone else to love; a daughter. But, as Amelia had been doing for years at that point, she discarded the train's "failed" attempt at recreating her perfect life, and Hazel was lost to the train. Her existence as a train denizen means that she is not bound by the normal time-line of a human, and could easily be a four-year-old girl for years at this point. I'm not certain what the significance of the "deactivated" number on her hand is, but perhaps it was the train's way of trying to suggest to Amelia that if she redeemed herself she could take Hazel with her.

I also really want to know more about Tuba. Her death came at a complete shock to me and was well done by the creators of the show. I know there is that "we didn't see her die, so she might be alive" cliche, but I feel that for a family show we can't exactly expect to see a flesh and blood creature taken out by the train wheels. I would actually give Infinity Train a lot of credit for having the balls to keep her dead, and the only time we see her again is in flash backs or perhaps "reborn" back in her original car, along with her daughter.

Either way I'm expecting some amazing things from the remainder of this season. Going to go back and rewatch season 2 now.

Yeah the way they did Tuba's death COULD be a classic "never saw the body" sitch...but knowing THIS show, especially from last season ANYTHING is possible!

Yeah the way they did Tuba's death COULD be a classic "never saw the body" sitch...but knowing THIS show, especially from last season ANYTHING is possible!
Simon appeared to watch her death completely. Surely he would have noticed if she did or didn't splatter against the wheels.

Next group of episodes dropped on Thursday.

Sadly they didn't go exactly how I thought things were going to be revealed, but I feel like a major surprise is still in store for us at one point.

Amelia is back a lot quicker and in a less dramatic way than I thought she might reappear. Though I did thing for a moment they were actually just going to have Amelia and the kids pass each other between the cars and not even acknowledge each other for another episode or two.
I'm not quite sure what One-One is attempting to do with the bad train cars. I'll probably rewatch the first batch of episodes and see if it makes more sense now that we have a bit of an explanation.

Yeah...yeah it was...full on
arc of the covenant shit. Not sure if that's enough for a spoiler, but I feel it might be because...HOLY SHIT! Guess we know why THIS show was moved to HBO Max, Jesus.
Yeah. I mean I know Adventure Time got dark at times. I'm not sure if it ever went THERE but wow.
My 7-year old daughter has been watching this with me. We've almost finished season 2 together. When we get to the finale of season 3 I may have to warn her that something scary happens and give her the option to back out.
That was some damn nightmare fuel right there.

For those who haven't seen the show, I hope you give it a chance on HBO Max. It's wonderful sci-fi with some heart (and some WTF moments). Great characters and short episodes let you binge it quickly.
It's continuance depends entirely on its viewership on HBO and there is some concern.

Yeah. I mean I know Adventure Time got dark at times. I'm not sure if it ever went THERE but wow.
My 7-year old daughter has been watching this with me. We've almost finished season 2 together. When we get to the finale of season 3 I may have to warn her that something scary happens and give her the option to back out.
That was some damn nightmare fuel right there.
OH yeah for sure, that was like the Shoe from "Roger Rabbit" being slowly murdered times TEN, giving fair warning is the way to go.

Sounds like a good show... too bad HBO MAX is still not available on ROKU devices. Not saying that has anything to do with it... but yeah.