Interviews. Juicy-views? Inter-juice? Interslice? Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
Hm, so another thought as to front-page stuff (still working on that pop culture stuff, don't worry). I know we've had a few different stabs at podcasts and interviews--Jay's, specifically--but I was wondering about trying to get some real interesting backslash insightful backslash in depth interviews going with members of the forum. I'm kind of curious as to the sociology behind this group, and it could be fun and interesting and light-hearted and maybe even SUPER SERIOUS sometimes. I've always wanted to do some plucky reporting and tweak my narrative style, and, if anything, it would make a great batch of notes if I ever wanted to take all of your interviews and twist them into one of my little non-fiction essays.

Either way. You all come from very different backgrounds and it might be pretty cool--if not absolutely frightening--to really dig into some of your guys' lives and produce little written interview essays.

Post in this thread or PM me if you're interested.

ElJuski

Staff member
Now remember, this won't be a "MAKE A DERP FACE!" interview. It'd be an actual conversation, and more than likely, plenty of prying.

That'd be fun or whatevs though if the intent is to generate content for the front page to help keep the place alive it's awfully circle jerky, not that we're not all about that anyway.

I would think that a good interview, with an interesting person, can be entertaining to anyone, right?

Hearing about different areas of the world, focusing on the different talents and aspects of culture we all have views on. I think it could be great.

Juski and Doc have a perspective on the Capital of the US that not many of us get to hear about. Tin has a great perspective on making music and performing for crowds. We have plenty of Cosplayers/Ren-Faire people that can talk about making costumes and stuff. And we haven't even started on all of our artists (not that music and cosplay can't be art..)

Plus, Dave can tell us all about what life was like living during the Great Depression

I may be super stoked for this.

ElJuski

Staff member
Well, my goal is not just to generate front page shit (nobody on the outside would care) but I think it would be an interesting sociological experiment for the forum, as well as for me (again) to stretch my writing chops and, if anything, generate an interesting piece that digs into, "Who the fuck are these people I barely know?"​
If I'm successful, it would be interesting for the forum. If I'm really successful, it'd be interesting just as an insight into daily people's lives, and the internet and social interactions bla bla bla bla prfft​

ElJuski

Staff member
Well, also, the finished product would be a written interview, I think. Though it'd be badass to do a podcast, as well. I DUNNO

M

makare

I might be willing to do text but not audio. But from what youve said I don't really have interesting stories to tell.

Color me interested. I feel bad because I don't want to pretend I would be super interesting or anything, but I like getting to know people better. Either way, I'll be super excited learn more about others in this forum. You are all so mysterious to me. :ninja:

I'd be in, though I probably don't have a lot of fucking wisdom and we'd just end up talking about Clone High, Achewood, Arrested Development and Community.

Yeah, okay, I'll bite. I didn't sign up for Jay's because I didn't have a proper microphone back then but if audio is the way to go I'm in. Or written interview also works, w/e. I'm not especially interesting but I'm Dutch, so that counts for something, right?

ElJuski

Staff member
I'd also think you guys would be surprised at what sort of stories you'd end up telling. Again, prying.

fade

Staff member
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is ElJuski trying to pull the ol' romantic comedy bit where he invites us separately to the same dinner so we end up getting back together.

ElJuski

Staff member
It'd be interesting. More of the interview would probably be playing off the dynamic we already share.

I'm interested. I just worry I'd get like. Super negative about myself getting really introspective or something, since I am wont to do that and be hard on myself. I also tried to do something like this back with my friends in podcast form, but it never really got off the ground. I like interviewing and it's mildly interesting to me. One of my random life goals / pursuits / bla bla is journalism.

I am the most boring person in the world. So, if you want to interview that type of person and lose your entire audience I'm all for it. I think it would be interesting to get to know people here a bit better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.