Israel Thread

New robot ATVs with machine guns strapped to a turret on them. Do you think they'll show more or less humanity to Palestinians than the IDF already does?

I know they're remote controlled. Also, it's pretty hard to be less humane than the IDF.

News at 11, Israel fucking sucks. Charging in and assaulting a funeral procession for someone they murdered or as American media has put it "died after being struck in the head by a bullet."

Ya know, when your tactics line up with Hydra and Skynet, it’s not a good look. This is a “Are we the baddies?” kind of moment.

That's true. It just sucks really bad watching them embrace it and how so many people are cheering it on.

This is (yet another) one of those conflicts where, really, there are no good side and bad side.
Sure there are (innocent) civilians on both sides, but the armed parties in the conflict can all drop dead and in average the world world be a slightly better place.
And in this conflict, even the innocence of a high amount of the civilians on both sides is questionable.

Neither side can really hold much of a moral high ground here.

I'm sure the 25,000 dead kids (and the hundreds of thousands starving) in Gaza appreciate that the situation isn't black and white.

Actually, fuck this mealy mouthed bullshit.

The IDF and the Israeli government are bad. Rotten to the genocidal core.

While West Bank settlers continue to murder people for their homes, the few that are left.

Last edited:
I'm sure the 25,000 dead kids (and the hundreds of thousands starving) in Gaza appreciate that the situation isn't black and white.

Actually, fuck this mealy mouthed bullshit.

The IDF and the Israeli government are bad. Rotten to the genocidal core.

While West Bank settlers continue to murder people for their homes, the few that are left.
Absolutely true.
The also dead thousands of Israeli, including children and teenagers falling victim to the biggest terrorist attack in the West since 9/11 might feel like Hamas aren't entirely innocent either though.

The IDF are the Evil Empire reigning down destruction and death, sure. They're also the result of a traumatized nation facing multiple existential crises over the past decades. The USA killed far more and destroyed much more in a completely unconnected country for something like this.

I'm not being mealy mouthed. I'm not trying to say either side isn't all that bad.
Both sides here are rotten to the core, both sides have killed children, both sides have raped women, both sides have committed war crimes. Israel just has more money and better equipment and USA backing so they can commit more crimes with less repercussions.

And in this conflict, even the innocence of a high amount of the civilians on both sides is questionable.
The last election in Gaza was in 2006, that was almost 18 years ago. Before the conflict, the median age in Gaza was 18 years old. 70% of the population was under the age of 30. I would say that very few of the people in Gaza had any say in having Hamas in charge of their government.

The also dead thousands of Israeli, including children and teenagers falling victim to the biggest terrorist attack in the West since 9/11 might feel like Hamas aren't entirely innocent either though.
The latest death count is at 600-700 people and Israeli witnesses have said that a lot of the deaths were IDF soldiers firing at them.

... So then you're not counting the security personnel who died? The official death toll is 1.134 people killed, 248 captured hostage. That's 1.400 victims, aka roughly half a 9/11, in a country smaller than New York.

But again, I'm not defending either side. Everyone involved is terrible.

I'm not being mealy mouthed. I'm not trying to say either side isn't all that bad.
Both sides here are rotten to the core, both sides have killed children, both sides have raped women, both sides have committed war crimes. Israel just has more money and better equipment and USA backing so they can commit more crimes with less repercussions.
Both sidesing in the middle of a genocide is incredibly mealy mouthed.

Nobody here is a fan of Hamas. Nobody here is going to think you’re a Hamas supporter. You don’t have to virtue signal by saying both sides are bad. You can just say Israel is committing a genocide.

Both sidesing in the middle of a genocide is incredibly mealy mouthed.

Nobody here is a fan of Hamas. Nobody here is going to think you’re a Hamas supporter. You don’t have to virtue signal by saying both sides are bad. You can just say Israel is committing a genocide.
I'm not here supporting anyone.
One side is actively committing genocide, and the other side would be if they could.

Dave

Staff member
As I said before, Israel has become a terrorist state that oppresses the Palestinian people. Hamas is an actual terrorist organization. In between are the Palestinian people who have done nothing and deserve none of this. But they also largely support Hamas and that sucks. But can you fucking blame them?!? Hamas is willing to fight the oppressors who are taking their land and killing their people. But that doesn't make the actions of Hamas right or not evil.

It's not mealy mouthed to recognize that there are terrible things going on from both sides, although at this time Israel have upped the ante from asshole maneuvers to outright genocide.

can you fucking blame them?!? Hamas is willing to fight the oppressors who are taking their land and killing their people. But that doesn't make the actions of Hamas right or not evil.
John Dillinger would destroy the mortgage paperwork at the banks he would rob as a way of doing the bank's customers a "favor" during the Great Depression, but...same.

--Patrick

As I said before, Israel has become a terrorist state that oppresses the Palestinian people. Hamas is an actual terrorist organization. In between are the Palestinian people who have done nothing and deserve none of this. But they also largely support Hamas and that sucks. But can you fucking blame them?!? Hamas is willing to fight the oppressors who are taking their land and killing their people. But that doesn't make the actions of Hamas right or not evil.

It's not mealy mouthed to recognize that there are terrible things going on from both sides, although at this time Israel have upped the ante from asshole maneuvers to outright genocide.
If you can’t see how it’s mealy mouthed to say in the middle of a genocide “yeah genocide is bad but the people being genocided are real pieces of shit” then I don’t really know what to say that could convince you. I’m being generous when I say it’s mealy mouthed because it’s the best reason for saying it at this time.

I'm not here supporting anyone.
One side is actively committing genocide, and the other side would be if they could.
Never said you were supporting anyone. Just that you were being mealy mouthed in your condemnation of an active genocide as you weakly say both sides are bad.

Yeah yeah, always point out the worst side and just ignore the other or you're "both siding" the issue.
I'm both sliding this issue because both sides are fucked up.
I'm not trying to diminish the bad done by the IDF by saying "yeah but the other side's done some pretty shady things too!"
I'm saying both sides are absolutely craptastic assholes who pretty much deserve each other. And yes, there are innocents caught in the crossfire,and it's sad for them. HAMAS are absolute terrorists, on the level of Al Queda and Isis. The IDF are murderous, fascist goons on the level of the nazis and the modern day Russians.

In the Russia-Ukraine conflict, while there are some fascist asses on the UKR side and they're by no means all innocent angels, it's easy to say the Russians are the aggressor and the Bad Guy, who is clearly worse. In the Hamas-Israel conflict, there's no good guy side. Innocents are dying, and that's bad, but otherwise, if all of Hamas was to suicide and take all of the IDF with them... Not much of value world be lost.

I used to have some Israeli friends. Once they went into the IDF, they just turned brainwashed beyond all recognition.

The sides aren’t Israel and Hamas it’s Israel and the Palestinian people who are being actively genocided. Your both sidesing the issue is completely erasing that fact. And you can barely summon up enough of a single fuck to write a single sentence about how “it’s sad for them.” A people who are right now being genocided in front of your eyes.