It's never lupus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soliloquy

I tried to ask her if she had lupus, but she didn't answer, and I can't read her poker face.

My wife has lived with Lupus for over 16 years now, a little medication, watching your diet is all it usually takes. Of course it can be mis-diagnosed.

C

Chibibar

My wife has lived with Lupus for over 16 years now, a little medication, watching your diet is all it usually takes. Of course it can be mis-diagnosed.
My mother in law is diabetic. She needs her insulin daily. She is also post polio and currently going around in a chair since her legs are weak. I remember gotten into a fight with her (after she rags on my wife for about 8 days at a vacation I PAID for everything out of 10 day vacation) that she would have been in better shape if she taken care of herself. I said all these "bad things" happen to her is her own fault for not keeping in check. Of course this piss her off at me and said I don't know what I was talking about.

My grandmother has diabetes for OVER 40 years (and my Mother in laws said she is going to die in 10) and able to keep it in check with diets and exercise. My friends had it since they were 12 and able to live upto 40 (and still going) with insulin, diet, and exercise.

but noooo.. since she use to be a nurse and knows more than doctors (so she claims) that people who get diabetes will DIE in 10 years or less regardless of diet and excercise. I told her that is not true, but she refuse to listen to facts. now of course this woman keep eating sweets like there is no tomorrow (and just use more insulin) and doesn't eat healthy at all, when I try to help her eat healthy, she yells at me of thinking "you think you know better" I told her I had help taken care of my own grandmother, at least I know some stuff you should and not eat and such, what do I know?

ah well.... sorry I ranted ;)

E

Element 117

my best friend in high school killed herself because she couldn't take the agony of being allergic to both the meds and the pain meds she was given for her lupus, meds which caused her to be violently ill. I remember this every time this subject comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.