[Brazelton] Joel Schumacher

I can't say I'm too familiar with his movies, but Batman and Robin is incredibly underrated and I will die on this hill. RIP

St Elmo's Fire
The Lost Boys
Falling Down
Phone Booth

He deserves to be remembered for a lot more than just the 2 Batman movies he directed.

I don't think there has ever been anything said poorly about him as a person. Apparently he was an absolute joy to work with and treated everyone with respect.

I don't think there has ever been anything said poorly about him as a person. Apparently he was an absolute joy to work with and treated everyone with respect.
Many years ago I watched a making-of (or was it director's commentary?) of St. Elmo's Fire and he came across as a caring and good man. I still remember him saying how sorry he felt for the young actors because they got typecast after he directed them in that movie (or seomthing to that extend, it's been a while).

The man was one of the few people to make a universally hated movie and actually apologized for it, guy was a good egg.

Also, he did Lost Boys? Huh, sad on two accounts now.

Lost Boys is still a delight, and just between us, Batman Forever was fun. I know Batman is not allowed to be fun anymore, but that one was.

"Phone Booth" was awesome. I watched it in a theater when it came out without knowing anything about it.

You can put all is movies in a bag and pick one at random and won't be disappointed.

I have lost track of how many times I've watched St. Elmo's Fire and Lost Boys, and honestly his version of Phantom is my favorite, and I've been to the Broadway show.

I tend to mix up St. Elmo’s Fire with Chariots of Fire, so on the rare occasion it pops up I get really confused for a bit.

I’ve never actually seen St. Elmo’s Fire, and only saw bits of Chariots of Fire at a relatively young age.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, here is a video I found VERY interesting about the theme of St. Elmo's Fire... (But Todd doesn't particularly like the movie)

Last edited: