Keeper league help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple years I haven't really kept a close eye on football, especially with regards to the draft. Also, it being a keeper league, the best talent is usually already locked up. So, any advice for potential sleepers? Also, I seriously have no idea about any of the rookies. Any of them that you think are worth a 5th round pick or better (or otherwise worth stashing)?

For QBs, I recommend Sam Bradford, Kevin Kolb, Matthew Stafford, or Colt McCoy (if you're in a gambling mood). These four are usually not taken, and each one has a bright upside for the future. However, each one has some risks, so consider what you want to do. Obviously if you can get your hands on someone like Rodgers or Brees that would be best, but those three should give you a decent shot and are loaded with potential. Sometimes Eli Manning and Jay Cutler can be found in the later rounds too - it all depends on how many people are in the league.

For RB, I would consider Mark Ingram, LeGarrette Blount, Felix Jones or Fred Jackson. Ingram may not do much for you this year, but he has the potential to be a big player for you in the future. Blount, Jones, and Jackson are all good, solid runningbacks who tend to go late and should be available. Jones is having an especially good preseason. Avoid Marshawn Lynch if at all possible.

For WR, look at Julio Jones and AJ Green. They're rookies with promising futures, and Jones has a good chance to be productive right away since he's a part of a great offense already (Atlanta). You could also look to guys such as Mike Williams (from Tampa Bay), Santonio Holmes, or Lance Moore. There are quite a few good wide receivers in the late rounds, so you should be able to find someone serviceable.

QB: Dallas,Jacksonville (we draft team QBs)
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, C.J. Spiller, Rashad Jennings, Kendall Hunter, Pierre Thomas, Toby Gerhart
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Marques Colston, Johnny Knox, Mario Manningham, Davone Bess
TE: Marcedes Lewis, Dustin Keller
D/ST: New England, Dallas
Kicker: Garret Hartley

Starting lineup is QB, 2WR, 2RB, Flex (WR or RB), TE, D/ST, Kicker.

Well it looks like you have a good receiving corps - even better if your league does points per reception. The tight end position is solid, as is the defense. Your running backs are thin, but hopefully you can get some waiver magic in a few weeks. The quarterback situation is good with Dallas, and hopefully you won't need to use Jacksonville too much.

IMO: Your team doesn't suck. You have some obvious weakness at RB, but everything else is solid. Keep your eyes out for the mid-season surprise at running back... there's always at least one.

So, I'm thinking about dropping Gerhart and taking a flier on one of these three: Joey McKnight (NYJ), Alex Greene (GB), or Taiwan Jones (OAK).

I'm thinking, my RB's are already in shambles, so why not gamble and hope I get lucky? Any thoughts?

Couldn't hurt. The odds of Gerhart doing something for you are less than the odds that one of those receivers has a good season. Or you could just wait and see what happens after week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.