Legit work from home?

So I need to get a 2nd job. My job right now has me working 1 week on and 2 weeks off, so that makes it kind of hard for getting a 2nd part time job. I don't think a lot of places would be cool with me needing different schedules depending on the week. I'd also rather eat a bullet than get another fastfood job.

I've thought about gig jobs like Doordash and Lyft but I know a lot of those aren't what they seem. Doordash might work since it's not a whole lot of direct interaction with people so maybe I'll give it another look.

What I'd like to do though, is try to work from home. I know things like surveys and whatnot are scams. I'm in the middle of the Transcribeme test and based on their initial pay rate of $15 per audio hour and how long it's taking me to transcribe their sample audios I'm looking at about $1/hour with them.

I don't know. I'm getting to the end of the line. Anyone got any ideas or anything?

Know something basic about computers? Lots of first line "I'll reset your password for you" support people needed everywhere. Most of it isn't a challenge to anyone who knows their most from their monitor.

GasBandit

Staff member
So I need to get a 2nd job. My job right now has me working 1 week on and 2 weeks off, so that makes it kind of hard for getting a 2nd part time job. I don't think a lot of places would be cool with me needing different schedules depending on the week. I'd also rather eat a bullet than get another fastfood job.

I've thought about gig jobs like Doordash and Lyft but I know a lot of those aren't what they seem. Doordash might work since it's not a whole lot of direct interaction with people so maybe I'll give it another look.

What I'd like to do though, is try to work from home. I know things like surveys and whatnot are scams. I'm in the middle of the Transcribeme test and based on their initial pay rate of $15 per audio hour and how long it's taking me to transcribe their sample audios I'm looking at about $1/hour with them.

I don't know. I'm getting to the end of the line. Anyone got any ideas or anything?
Well, you're about 200+ miles out of my area, and it wouldn't be from home, but I'll bet the AV companies in your area are scrambling for new installers just like mine is (even part time). If you think you can hang TVs on walls, pull and terminate cables, and are able to work both on hands and knees and up on a ladder, that might be an option.

Note that even if you only know English, Google translate can overcome that hurdle.
My former boss truly believed this and while he was lovely in every other way, this was a terrifying trait.
Post automatically merged:

In respect to looking for work, surveys aren’t always scams. I worked for a legit market research company and our surveys had paying customers. We weren’t selling anything.

Dave

Staff member
From Cal State East Bay. A list of legitimate remote jobs.

OCPD would like to share a list of remote jobs that is updated regularly, with expired positions removed. This list scours a few job boards that are posting remote based positions and worth checking out, especially during these challenging times. Simply click a job title and you will be taken to the website link