Light conduction and bathroom etiquette

Two separate questions:

1. What materials would you use to take a small light (1/4 inch) and...I don't know. Broadcast it I guess. Think like fiber optic cables, but larger or more solid. Somehow I can't think of this, but I know it's possible.

2. What is the proper bathroom etiquette with regards to farting at a urinal? Don't do it? Do it but don't acknowledge it? Do it and excuse yourself? Do it and seek approval about tone/length/duration/similarity to a popular song?

Help me out Halforums, because really, who else could I ask about this stuff?

1. I am not sure what you mean. What are you trying to accomplish? Move light from the source over to another destination? Light up a large, solid object?

2. It depends on the bathroom the urinal is in.
  • A communal public bathroom, I try to hold it in, but it's hard in that situation. If you do fart or someone else farts, I would try to ignore it same as if someone was using a stall. The Men's Bathroom Code of Silence still applies.
    • Unless it is a good friend, at which point I may make an incredibly witty joke like "You better go check your pants!" or something to that effect.
  • A single person public bathroom, fart away. Everyone will think you are pooping and will ignore it.
  • A single person private bathroom, go for it! Try to fart a tune or something, it's your space so no one should judge. Though why you have a urinal at home is a bit weird.
  • A communal private bathroom. Uhhh.... you do you, fam.

I knew it.
Post automatically merged:

1. I am not sure what you mean. What are you trying to accomplish? Move light from the source over to another destination? Light up a large, solid object?
So my wife got me some IOT doodads, the most interesting of which is an led light ring that I can program to light up in whatever colors I want. On it's own it's very bright, but it's smallish, like the size of the top of a pop can. I'm trying to figure out what materials I can use to expand the effects of the light. The weird thing is that I can't think of the words to Google to figure this out, which is typically where my power lies.
Post automatically merged:

Finally got it: light sculpture. Clear acrylic sheets is what I need.

Last edited:
I can't think of the words to Google to figure this out, which is typically where my power lies.
The word you are looking for is probably “diffuser.”
Though make sure to include “recessed lighting” or “can light” in your search, otherwise you’re just going to get stuff about essential oil diffusers.

—Patrick