Looking for VPN or similar services

VPN is too short for the forum search function.

I'll pretty much be using it for torrenting and Spoofing my location for Netflix.

I don't think I've ever seen my bittorrent go above 2 Mbs for speed info.

free / cheap and not shady options are appreciated.

Thanks!

GasBandit

Staff member
I've been reasonably happy with my seedbox over at seedboxes.cc (I got the "bat box" package), and it comes with a VPN. It also supports plex so I can use my phone to stream things I torrent on it directly to my TV's chromecast without having to download and unpack the torrent locally first.

It does cost 13 bucks a month, though. But I had to do something because I got HBO on my ass for torrenting Game of Thrones and the cable company cut me off temporarily because of it :p so now I torrent with impugnity, and I make extra certain to seed every GOT torrent that comes down the RSS feed. Fuckers don't know who they're messing with. I'm willing to pay more than the cost of HBO to continue torrenting it on my terms!

Reactions: Jay
EarthVPN treats me well. They are temporarily without Paypal, which is annoying, but you can pay with bitcoin or PaymentWall (which takes every form of payment devised by man). At $5-ish per month for a VPN+SOCKS5 to more countries than I need, can't complain.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well sure, it's just such a stupid thing to do as your first purchase. I would think you'd want to try a few minuscule sub $1 purchases to make sure no one's paying attention before shelling out for three years of VPN service. They're just lucky it was on sale, if they'd tried to buy the full three years at full price it would've bounced on them.
It seems to me they're probably just interested in using it for the brief amount of time between them succeeding in purchasing it and you catching the problem and reversing/cancelling the transaction. That should leave enough of a time window for them to purchase their drugs/weapons/prostitutes/slaves.

Then they do it again the next time they want to buy one. Your CC is probably just in a big database of them that got leaked, and they bought (in a similar way).

They just go down the list trying one after another until one works.