Love In The Time of Sausage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
That's the name of my doodle comic, I think. I'm up for suggestions though. Anyways, I'm dumping the one's I've already made onto this page and updating. Comments and criticisms, porfavor! I think I'm going to keep going at it until I have a substantial library then maybe take it live.

And once again: Feedback is always phenomenal.

ElJuski

Staff member
^.^ woohoo first good review. This is one I drew up before passing out on Christmas Eve. I don't know if I still enjoy it, but here it is. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

ElJuski said:
^.^ woohoo first good review. This is one I drew up before passing out on Christmas Eve. I don't know if I still enjoy it, but here it is. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

On a quick glance, I thought that was diglet in the last panel.

You somehow have to make your women stando ut more.
Well, no, don't give them breasts or anything...I don't really know. In the "wait a minute" cartoon, the first couple of frames are OK, but the last one it's suddenly a guy with a wig. I think the combination of the larger head, the unibrow, and the mouth made her more manly, or something. I dunno.

Also, you rock. Continue.

ElJuski

Staff member
@ Gusto: Awesome.

@ Bubble: Hrrrm...this is something I will look into. I do notice that sometimes I almost even draw the one guy (sans hat) with a quasi-skirt. Which makes the trick of making a skirt for all the women even worse to pull off. Hrm...to the drawing board!

@ Silver: Thanks! : D

I appreciate the comments and the criticism; even though its just doodles I'm actually trying to impress with some comedy writing, so knowing where I hit and omfffffffffffg miss is very appreciated.

E

edzepp

How are you planning to draw your speech bubbles? Will you be using a different font for lettering than what you're currently using? Those are the 2 areas you can improve on, I think. The art is fine.

ElJuski

Staff member
An interesting point. No idea what I would actually use. I do everything in MSPaint (LE GASP!) so I should probably find something in there. Or, you know, learn to use fuckin' PaintShop. :pthhp:

ElJuski said:
An interesting point. No idea what I would actually use. I do everything in MSPaint (LE GASP!) so I should probably find something in there. Or, you know, learn to use fuckin' PaintShop. :pthhp:
http://www.paint.net/

Free. Layers. Easier to use than photoshop and gimp. It won't take you too long to learn what yo need to know, and lots of people use it, so there's a ton of tutorials and such.

Learn it, live it, love it - but don't take it in the pooper with you - fecal spores, man!

-Adam

stienman said:
ElJuski said:
http://www.paint.net/

Free. Layers. Easier to use than photoshop and gimp. It won't take you too long to learn what yo need to know, and lots of people use it, so there's a ton of tutorials and such.

Learn it, live it, love it - but don't take it in the pooper with you - fecal spores, man!

-Adam
Seconded. It's easy as balls. And I think you all know just how easy balls can be. Sluts.

T

The Mike

you were the first one in the I hate comic sans campaign what happened?

Love the art but find the font troubling, get a nice font and stick with it, you need a format for the dialog

ElJuski

Staff member
The Mike said:
get a nice font and stick with it, you need a format for the dialog
Oh yeah, I will, I just gotta...lotta stuff to do right now.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND7yJ7sMosk:17656275][/youtube:17656275]

That is how I feel about your CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! :zoid:

ElJuski

Staff member
CynicismKills said:
I really like the way you set that latest one up, Juski, with the staples and art on real bg's.[/quote

Thanks! I thought it turned out okay. I'm probably going to keep going this way--take pictures of my apartment and surroundings and shit. If you haven't noticed my doodles are rather...simple...so backgrounds and shit are a pain in the ass (I mean check that couch out for fuck sake!) So I'm glad it didn't turn out like a turd. I will continue to use it for the continuation of this story!

@ Gusto--What's cooler than being Gusto? ICE COLLLLLD! all right all right all right all right all right

I never even knew this part of the forum existed. I just came looking for art because of the artist of the month thing.

The greeting card one had me literally gasping for air, I was laughing so hard.

Also, I agree, I LOVE the cutouts over real photos.

This cutout style looks incredibly good! And the strips are funny!

YOU'LL MAKE MILLIONS!

Don't worry, I'll be your manager. We'll share the profist 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.