[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! We need an official thread for this.

Heck, who's looking forward to the ME2 DLC Arrival coming on the 29th? Apparently it'll give a lot of clues what goes on between ME2 and ME3

YEAAAAHHH

I just hope they don't continue the trend of turning it into just a cover shooter and add back some more RPG stuff.

And that this time around they give you a better selection of weapons from the get go instead of you having to buy DLC to get near a satisfying number of weapons.

So far the only thing that has me scared is the fact they are really promoting the fact that the Reapers are attacking Earth. I am thinking they are going to turn a section of Earth into this games "Kirkwall" and we won't have the intergalactic travel we had in the first two games. I am sure my fears are unwarranted, but after DA2 I can't shake the dread.

I totally agree on the weapons, we need a bit more selection and they need to be a bit more varied. I think the only selection that really had a lot of good variance was the heavy weapons line. Also, it would be nice if you could at least customize the look of the squads, even if you don't get to choose equipment for them (you know, just like that little closet ME2 had for Shepard, only for companions instead.)

This thread does remind me how sad I am that I couldn't seem to retrieve my ME2 save when my computer perished. Guess I have to find that save site again or play through one more time (which I may not mind, since I would like to see how it looks on my newer computer).

Reactions: Jay
They need more weapons, more armor and more stuff... mass effect 1 had almost too much variety... mass effect 2 had squat all.

I have faith that Bioware will do a good job on this even though I felt they dropped the ball big time on dragon age 2.

Any speculation as to whether they will bring back characters from the first one as squad mates? Ashley? Kaidan? Liara? All the choices from the second one too? I'm excited to see who they incorporate (got all my save files ready from multiple playthroughs lol).

So far the only thing that has me scared is the fact they are really promoting the fact that the Reapers are attacking Earth. I am thinking they are going to turn a section of Earth into this games "Kirkwall" and we won't have the intergalactic travel we had in the first two games. I am sure my fears are unwarranted, but after DA2 I can't shake the dread.
This is what you just did to me :

FUUUUUUU

They need more weapons, more armor and more stuff... mass effect 1 had almost too much variety... mass effect 2 had squat all.
Horseshit.

Mass Effect 1 had 4 guns and a grenade. Sure there were countless variations in stats, but they were all basically the same 4 guns.

Mass Effect 2 had 14 guns that all had completely different mechanics.

Yet to me Mass Effect 2 felt like it had way fewer guns even though you're right about the mechanics of them. I like the ridiculous amount of variations of your basic weapons... it felt like you were finding more and more powerful weapons (and when you get the Spectre gear later on those guns feel badass). I never really got that feeling of increasing power with the ME2 weapons (except when firing the mass accelerator heavy weapon which gobbles so much ammo you can only fire it a few times per game).

It's probably the upgrades that I miss the most... I liked being able to modify the weapons and armour and I really felt that was missing from ME2. ME2 had a kickass armour customization feature but honestly, I didn't notice any difference with the armour upgrades that you could add (other than their look). Why not have form and function?

Please note I really enjoyed both games and actually felt that most changes from ME1 to ME2 were very positive... which is why I'm still thinking that they will get ME3 right.

Mass Effect 2 had 14 guns that all had completely different mechanics.
The heavy weapons don't count...

And the normal weapons, barring some of the DLC ones, certainly didn't feel all that different, even if they where a bit more diverse then in ME1 (although the lack of choice in upgrades made ME2's weapons feel less diverse).

ME1 did have way too many useless ones, but ME2 took it too far in the other direction. It really should have at least come with all the DLC normal weapons from the get-go imo...

Scrapping the I-X was fine, but i'd preferred if they had kept the different manufacturers, with each having different advantages for each type of gun, and just kept the weapon upgrades that go into slots (and only have 5 levels, or even just 3).

Please note I really enjoyed both games and actually felt that most changes from ME1 to ME2 were very positive... which is why I'm still thinking that they will get ME3 right.
IMO they changed the stuff that needed changing, but except the combat system (which has new problems, aka Jack is useless on Insanity), they didn't get it as right as they should.

I dig the lone commando thing it has going.

And that's that then.

When it was revealed to be just another add on mission and not something that takes place after the suicide mission at the end of the game, I knew it was going to end up being some more status quo stuff. It was ok, nothing special.

Got home, started playing... just finished before 7... so yeah... it's slightly a bit more than one hour gameplay and I actually took time to admire the work done.

I felt it was very inclined towards the .... renegade. Even if I tried to be Paragon the game kinda interrupted me and went "TOO BAD PALADIN" and literally streamrolled me with a good ol' "the fix is in" continually to fit the plans of the storyline.

The 5 waves of death sucked ass to even try on Insanity difficulty especially on solo and since my Shepard was a Sentinel support type with emphasis survivability with Warp and Armor it was very frustrating and finally I had to lower the level a few notches... to basically have the same "outcome". Survive 5 rounds for an achievement and take it up the ass!

It's very interesting to say the least but the most interesting part is Admiral Hackett who... showed up! I was like, WHOA.

Despite the Steamrolling, I'm interesting how things will go... now that I'm technically a mass murderer.

Got home, started playing... just finished before 7... so yeah... it's slightly a bit more than one hour gameplay and I actually took time to admire the work done.

I felt it was very inclined towards the .... renegade. Even if I tried to be Paragon the game kinda interrupted me and went "TOO BAD PALADIN" and literally streamrolled me with a good ol' "the fix is in" continually to fit the plans of the storyline.

The 5 waves of death sucked ass to even try on Insanity difficulty especially on solo and since my Shepard was a Sentinel support type with emphasis survivability with Warp and Armor it was very frustrating and finally I had to lower the level a few notches... to basically have the same "outcome". Survive 5 rounds for an achievement and take it up the ass!

It's very interesting to say the least but the most interesting part is Admiral Hackett who... showed up! I was like, WHOA.

Despite the Steamrolling, I'm interesting how things will go... now that I'm technically a mass murderer.
I was an infiltrator on my insane game. If it wasn't for the cloak I would never have passed the 5 waves. I basically would end up cloaking, dashing from one side to the other, snipe, hide until cloak cools off, repeat.

Actually getting to see Hackett was probably the high point.

Really? Just an hour? I won't have the full faculty to play it well until tomorrow morning, but that's kind of a disappointment.

If you take your time (kinda hard as it's mostly action sequence to the next) maybe you can get 90 minutes?

I got 4 Shepards

Jason - Sentinel (main, goodie two shoes, veteran)
Raph - Adept (i do whatever i fucken want, insanity)
Simkin - Vanguard (I'll fuck you, insanity)

going to play another game soon enough, prolly a femshep, I love Jennifer Hale's voice, probably Infiltrator. I think Engineers are underpowered for the high levels (no tali :() and soldier is boring as hell.

I could see how Adapt can be an issue in this DLC.

Adept could be difficult?

Errik Shepard's gonna have his work cut out for him.

*naming Shepard's after DnD characters highfive!*

Yeah, this was major disappoint, and lacked any actual choices...

And the Mu Relay survived a supernova, no way they should have been able to destroy one like that...they should have just damage it and knock it out of the system or something.

I didn't count them.

There's 14 guns without counting heavy weapons or DLC.

http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/mass-effect-2-weapons-guide-minor-spoilers/1544/
Oh right, i forgot about the 3 collector ship choice guns and the Geth rifle you get for higher difficulty... haven't played a Soldier yet.

Just played through on my Renegade Adept.

God DAMN.

I enjoyed it, but it'll be interesting to see how things go with my MAIN playthrough, the Paragon.

Gusto, my reaction to that pic can only be summarized as "wat."

I wish they would bring back the heat dissipation mechanic from Mass Effect 1. The whole "heat sinks" deal was poorly thought out, in terms of gameplay and universe consistency, and was actually a step back in terms of innovation. It didn't make the game all that less fun to play, but it's like Bioware decided their game was too different from everyone else and wanted to blend in with the crowd.

It won't happen, but at least I can dream.

the real problem was that once you got a spectre rifle with the good mods, you would never overheat again.

Which is one of the universe inconsistencies I mentioned. They stated in game that the heat sink system allowed combatants to fire more shots in a given amount of time, but my rookie Spectre is able to disprove that with just a few weapon mods.

Eh, I just think it was a good system, and then they abandoned it for a generic ammo system.

the real problem was that once you got a spectre rifle with the good mods, you would never overheat again.
And they fixed it by giving you a 1 sec delay while you reload while never actually running out of ammo...

Would have been better if they kept the heat dissipation system for when you ran out of thermal clips (obviously they'd overheat faster then in ME1, justify by saying the new thermal clip using weapons have less heat sinks for obvious reasons) and made thermal clips a bit harder to get...
Added at: 14:50
Just played through on my Renegade Adept.

God DAMN.

I enjoyed it, but it'll be interesting to see how things go with my MAIN playthrough, the Paragon.
It will be exactly the same but with less asshole dialogue from Shep.

Status
Not open for further replies.