[Movies] MCU: Phase 5 - To Kang or Not to Kang

Li'l Z's birthday is coming up next week, and I was on the LEGO site to find some info on one of his gifts, when I accidentally stumbled across a spoiler for Spider-Man: No Way Home. It's a minor spoiler (I think), but dammit, LEGO!

Pretty sure I've seen LEGO sets in the past released to tie in to the latest MCU film featuring characters doing something they don't do in the movie. So, maybe not a spoiler.

Actually, how long do LEGO sets typically take to go from design to release? They could easily be working off an early script rather than the actual shooting script.

Pretty sure I've seen LEGO sets in the past released to tie in to the latest MCU film featuring characters doing something they don't do in the movie. So, maybe not a spoiler.

Actually, how long do LEGO sets typically take to go from design to release? They could easily be working off an early script rather than the actual shooting script.
Usually, at least with the MCU sets, they try to tie in with a specific scene. I think the exception was Infinity War/Endgame for the sake of spoilers.

So this is interesting. Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney because they did a dual release of Black Widow in theaters and Disney+.

Of particular note, "According to the complaint, Ms. Johansson’s representatives sought to renegotiate her contract after learning of the dual-release strategy for “Black Widow,” which she has said is her ninth and last Marvel movie. Disney and Marvel were unresponsive, the suit said."

If her contract states theater exclusive, sounds like she has a valid claim. She probably doesn't necessarily need the money, but Disney screwing her over like this would set an ugly precedence for anyone else. Especially people that don't have millions of dollars to take on The Mouse like this. We see how quickly Disney will screw someone over, like the writers who had to fight - and some STILL fight - to get paid for the Star Wars extended universe novels that are still in print.

That WOULD be an MCU thing to do: it's the final magical showdown and everyone's out... then fucking Scott Lang start vomiting up decks of cards like a lunatic to distract the big bad until someone can actually do something useful.

Yup, looking forward to more What if?! It was always my favorite comic growing up and I think they nailed the tone and presentation of the stories with that first episode.

Yup, looking forward to more What if?! It was always my favorite comic growing up and I think they nailed the tone and presentation of the stories with that first episode.
As long as they don’t take the route that was taken in the comics at times just switching character X with character Y and just telling the same story as the original.

I liked that they took a whole different storyline for Cap Carter and made her story different from Steve’s.

I didn't like or hate it, my biggest gripe was that it feels like a cliff notes version, but there was one specific part that maybe I missed, I went back and rewatched it and still can't figure it out.

Who is she talking to? She keeps making these quips and banter as if there is someone with her but there is no one else there right?