[Movies] MCU: Phase 5 - To Kang or Not to Kang

Regarding the cut episode referenced in the last one.
Tony's armor definitely had Sakkar markings on it right? I wonder if instead of Hulk ending up there, he does in the Hulk Buster armor we see then somehow meets up with Gamora.

Last edited:
I think I remember The Watcher saying Gamora of Sakkar when he pops in at the forge. So you are probably correct and it sounds like Gamora may have been there awhile.

Actually have a few theories based on what little we saw from the episode 9 scene.
A few things that stood out to me, one, Eitiri still had his hands, two, Tony repeated one of his big lines from Age of Ultron ("How can we put a shield around the world."), three, Gamora is wearing the armor she wore while with Thanos, and not the sleeker outfit she wore while with Rhonin. This makes me think the divergent event had to happen before 2014, since Gamora never joined the GOTG, Tony never said the armor line (Otherwise why repeat it like you never said it before? Would he want to say it again after Ultron?), and the other realms abandoned by Loki after Dark World were not abandoned long enough for Thanos to cut off Eitiri's hands.

My theory? When Tony redirected the nuke at the end of Avengers and launched it through the portal, instead of falling back down to Earth, he got trapped, and drifted through a wormhole, ending up on Sakaar. This is why the armor has Sakaar symbols and seems to be battle ready for hand-to-hand combat, likely having taken part in the various arena battles, and probably over time even became the Grandmaster's Champion. Thanos learns about this sometime around the events of GOTG, and rather then sending his daughters to help Rhonin, he instead sends Gamora and Nebula to capture Tony. They go to Sakaar, and likely get trapped in the same games, all the while trying to get close to Tony, but the sisters bond and work out their differences during these events. When they finally get to Tony and free him, neither sister wants to follow Thanos anymore, and they decide the best way to stop him would be to prevent him from ever getting the Infinity Stones by destroying them. With Tony, they escape Sakaar and head to Nidavellir where Tony works with Eitiri to create the Infinity Crusher, which will be able to destroy the stones, but only when they are all gathered together, using the Soul Stone as a power source. Not long after this, Thanos attacked Nidavellir and forces the dwarves to start making the Infinity Gauntlet. Now who collects the stones, either the trio (Tony, Gamora, Nebula) or Thanos, I can't really parse, but I know it would end with Gamora, having known for a long time the Soul Stone was on Vormir, heading there to collect it with Tony and Nebula, only to run into the sacrifice requirement. Nebula ends up sacrificing herself to a tearful Gamora, to help them get the stone. It all ends with the stones together, Thanos appears and attempts to take them, only for Gamora to use the Infinity Crusher, destroying the stones and likely killing Thanos in the backlash. Free of him, but still torn because of their weird relationship, she takes his sword as a trophy / reminder. The scene in episode 9 on Nidavellir is Tony and Gamora returning to free the dwarves, but also destroy the recently finished but unused Infinity Gauntlet.
Is this the path they take? Probably not exactly, but based on what little I saw it feels like the path it would have taken.

Last edited:
Actually have a few theories based on what little we saw from the episode 9 scene.
A few things that stood out to me, one, Eitiri still had his hands, two, Tony repeated one of his big lines from Age of Ultron ("How can we put a shield around the world."), three, Gamora is wearing the armor she wore while with Thanos, and not the sleeker outfit she wore while with Rhonin. This makes me think the divergent event had to happen before 2014, since Gamora never joined the GOTG, Tony never said the armor line (Otherwise why repeat it like you never said it before? Would he want to say it again after Ultron?), and the other realms abandoned by Loki after Dark World were not abandoned long enough for Thanos to cut off Eitiri's hands.

My theory? When Tony redirected the nuke at the end of Avengers and launched it through the portal, instead of falling back down to Earth, he got trapped, and drifted through a wormhole, ending up on Sakaar. This is why the armor has Sakaar symbols and seems to be battle ready for hand-to-hand combat, likely having taken part in the various arena battles, and probably over time even became the Grandmaster's Champion. Thanos learns about this sometime around the events of GOTG, and rather then sending his daughters to help Rhonin, he instead sends Gamora and Nebula to capture Tony. They go to Sakaar, and likely get trapped in the same games, all the while trying to get close to Tony, but the sisters bond and work out their differences during these events. When they finally get to Tony and free him, neither sister wants to follow Thanos anymore, and they decide the best way to stop him would be to prevent him from ever getting the Infinity Stones by destroying them. With Tony, they escape Sakaar and head to Nidavellir where Tony works with Eitiri to create the Infinity Crusher, which will be able to destroy the stones, but only when they are all gathered together, using the Soul Stone as a power source. Not long after this, Thanos attacked Nidavellir and forces the dwarves to start making the Infinity Gauntlet. Now who collects the stones, either the trio (Tony, Gamora, Nebula) or Thanos, I can't really parse, but I know it would end with Gamora, having known for a long time the Soul Stone was on Vormir, heading there to collect it with Tony and Nebula, only to run into the sacrifice requirement. Nebula ends up sacrificing herself to a tearful Gamora, to help them get the stone. It all ends with the stones together, Thanos appears and attempts to take them, only for Gamora to use the Infinity Crusher, destroying the stones and likely killing Thanos in the backlash. Free of him, but still torn because of their weird relationship, she takes his sword as a trophy / reminder. The scene in episode 9 on Nidavellir is Tony and Gamora returning to free the dwarves, but also destroy the recently finished but unused Infinity Gauntlet.
Is this the path they take? Probably not exactly, but based on what little I saw it feels like the path it would have taken.
That... makes a lot of sense.

Huh. When I think of Adam Warlock, Will Poulter is not who comes to mind. But the MCU's generally done very well with casting, so I trust their judgment.

Huh. When I think of Adam Warlock, Will Poulter is not who comes to mind. But the MCU's generally done very well with casting, so I trust their judgment.
I would've agreed on looks alone..but he's grown up a little, and his face has filled out. I think he'll look fine in the role. I assume the acting will be on point, because, you know, they do all of those auditions and stuff. ;)

1634002604433.png

Yeah I have no worries about the acting side of things, Will Poulter is a very competent actor so I'm sure he'll do a fine job. And yeah, looks-wise he's really grown up. The eyebrows don't even stand out that much any more.

Dave

Staff member
Wow he really looks different. He’s not the awkwardly ugly kid I’ve come to know him as.

Okay, I am caught up on What if? And the last two episodes have lead me to the following information.

Uatu is in another dimension, with voyeuristic intention, well secluded and sees all.

Last edited:
One little thing someone brought up to me in What If that I thought was inventive.
When the Watcher collects all the GotMV, it mostly moves to the next scene right after, all except the Kilmonger universe, which lingers for a little bit while Shuri and Pepper look around trying to figure out where he went. Here is the fun thing though, the Watcher sends most of the heroes back to the exact moment they left. All except for Kilmonger, who was trapped with Ultron / Zola inside the pocket dimension. That little scene lingering, when looking back in hindsight, was hinting to his fate.

Still not tired of Rogers the Musical, although Clint's expression seems pretty apt.
Getting the feeling his reaction is going to be regarding how they portray him in particular in the musical.

Why do action/adventure/comedy films work so well when based around Christmas? It's just science at this point.

I loved Moon Knight as a kid. Probably because of that neat ass helicopter he had. I don't really remember much else, honestly. But I'm excited for the movie.

Oh, so Disney has the rights for everything animated I guess. I thought the movie and tv right for X-Men owns Sony.

I think these villains from another dimension are going to rob us of their origin on the mcu. Although they appear again with their updated versions, Peter will already know them. So maybe this movie ends with a reset.