[Movies] MCU: Phase 5 - To Kang or Not to Kang

I was also referring to the color scheme, the almost identical tower in the background, similar font, floating figure in the background, all the long flowing blonde hair...all 80's things, but given the subject matter, She-Ra(and I guess He-Man) comes to mind.

In the Multiverse of Madness...

It is alright. But still the Marvel movies are the best Tent Pole movies for the last 14 years, by far.

I did love the 3rd act horror fun...

First Iron Man, now Dr. Strange, who will get the next one?
Hulk.
Hulk should be next.
...Banner, getting angrier and angrier, music getting more dramatic/tense, upward string slide as we ECU in on Banner's tightly-squeezed eye, and then Banner's eye pops open and the sparkly, magical girl music starts...

--Patrick

They're not wrong, that's about how I feel at this point.
At what point do they start releasing them faster than you can actually watch them to stay current? And also at what point do some of them become "lost" because nobody is showing/streaming them and you just have to read some dusty underground wiki to find out what was going on, like with Doctor Who?

--Patrick

They're not wrong, that's about how I feel at this point.
At what point do they start releasing them faster than you can actually watch them to stay current? And also at what point do some of them become "lost" because nobody is showing/streaming them and you just have to read some dusty underground wiki to find out what was going on, like with Doctor Who?
Not to pick on you specifically, but I still find this an odd complaint, in general, especially from people our age. Most of these series are 6-8 episodes, and available to watch anytime you feel like it, thanks to streaming services and the internet. Didn't we all grow up when watching a show meant a 22-24 episode commitment, and if you didn't see it at it's specific aired time, and you didn't have a way to record it on your VCR (if you had one) you were S.O.L.? Maybe, *MAYBE* if you were lucky, you caught it when it was rerun, and they'd only rerun episodes once, or sometimes not at all. How have we gotten to a point where, especially as nerds/geeks/fans/etc, we complain that, "Oh no, every few months we get new content, and instead of hoping and praying that our local affiliate carries it in syndication, and if we're lucky we're home on a Friday or Saturday night to see it on TV, when instead we can watch it whenever and wherever and however we feel like it?!?" .

we can watch it whenever and wherever and however we feel like it
Except...I can't, really. I don't have subscriptions to the dozen or so services where I would need to go to find all the pieces (which is an entirely separate rant), the services themselves keep moving and/or removing content so there's no way to pick specific services in an attempt to guarantee my ability to see them, and, like I mentioned earlier, because I wasn't on top of these things when they were coming out, catching up now is going to mean a sizable time investment.
These are more the things which DO affect me, specifically, so I'm afraid I have no explanation for the other folks our age.

--Patrick

HOLD IT!!!!!!!

Did you rapscallions just imply that Disney may transform streaming into their previous video system and put movies and series "back into the vault"?

The way things are going, I may eventually come aboard completely out of self-defense.

--Patrick
If it helps, there are a number of MCU movies / shows that don't really require "homework". If you are looking for recommendations, I can put together a list.

Bradley Cooper has been entertaining Marvel fans for the last eight years. Debuting as Rocket Raccoon in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), alongside Chris Pratt (Peter Quill/Star-Lord) and Groot (Vin Diesel), among others, the snarky character went on to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), as well as helping Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) save the entire universe against the enemy Thanos (Josh Brolin) in Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
...Is the writer implying Vin Diesel is a character played by Groot and Thanos is pretending to be Josh Brolin?

I don’t think you could say that Cooper ever really *played* Rocket since someone else was doing the mocap for the character. Voiceover work can take as little as a few hours to a few days to get it all recorded.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don’t think you could say that Cooper ever really *played* Rocket since someone else was doing the mocap for the character. Voiceover work can take as little as a few hours to a few days to get it all recorded.
Fun Fact - the "someone else" was the actor who also played Yondu's First Mate-turned-reluctant-Mutineer that inherited the arrow - the Director James Gunn's brother, Sean Gunn.

Sure you could. Same as I can say Vin Diesel played Groot. They might not have done the mo-cap, but their voices still brought life to the characters. Voiceover work is still a key element in film.

This would be like saying James Earl Jones didn't play Darth Vader.

I'd long assumed that Rocket would be the one to die in this one, like Groot in the first and Yondu in the second, especially after his talk with Yondu and the events of Infinity War/Endgame, as a sacrifice himself to save those he loves thing.

This would be like saying James Earl Jones didn't play Darth Vader.
I say exactly that. JEJ only claims being the voice of Vader. Dave ACTED in the scenes, even learned all the lines and gave the actual physical presence of the character. I’m not saying that voiceovers aren’t a form of acting, far from it, but that there is a difference between voicing and the physical acting of a character.
Take Andy Serkis, LotR or Apes, he was both the physicality of the characters and the voice, he was able to more fully combine the the physical acting and emotion of what the body showed to go with the words or ad-libs of the script.