[Brazelton] Meat Loaf (the singer, not the dish)

Dave

Staff member
Yeah Zach’s going to be bummed. Meat Loaf is his favorite. On our trip a few years ago I had to listen to some deep cuts. Not all we’re to my taste.

But the dude lived a long life and he did NOT take care of himself for a really long time. He was good to make it this far.

I barely knew the dude, but he had an incredible voice.
I will probably still confuse it with Janis Joplin’s. As a kid, for the longest time I thought “Piece of My Heart” was done by Meat Loaf.

Perhaps I will rewatch Wayne’s World or Formula 51 as a memento.

—Patrick

I loved both Bat Out of Hell albums (and Rocky!), and they're still part of my regular rotation since my teens.

Go figure that Jim Steinman only passed a few months ago. They were perfectly paired like Elton John and Bernie Taupin. I wonder if they'd want to meet up in Heaven, or in Hell, just to break out. ;)

I saw he had died of Covid and had a feeling that was the case. Extra stupid because he had several health issues and was at high risk.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Such a shame because he had such an incredible voice.
Do we know if he was unvaccinated? I know that usually anyone who's been vaccinated doesn't die from Covid-19, but there's still a chance he just had really bad health/luck.

EDIT: Nevermind, I missed the part in the article where it talked about how outspoken he was about being anti-mask, anti-vax, etc. Like you said, play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

It goes to show that the rest of the world is far more tactful than I am, because nowhere have I seen the headline, "He Would Do Anything For Love, But He Won't Do Vax - Meatloaf Dies of Covid".

EDIT: I have been informed by my husband that Reddit beat me to this. I feel better now.